Minecraft 1.3 server update news and status

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockyct

Next time in the next 12 hours (probably), minecraft 1.3 will be released. Although it's been a long time since the last update, the process remains basically the same:

Here's a general timeline:
1.3 is released.
(30 minutes to one week later) - stable bukkit build is released. The server will be updated but kept in whitelist mode.
(12 hours to 2 weeks later) - essential plugins are updated. The whitelist is removed.

I do not anticipate the server being updated and open tomorrow night. There are just too many variables and too many dependencies on plugins for the server to be ready to go tomorrow. The mc 1.2 update went really well, but previous updates have taken as long as two weeks before we were able to update the server. Remember that if you update your client, you will not be able to join our server until we update. That has been a big issue in the past.

General changes/notes to the server for the update:
1) We will not be reseting the map or anything else.
2) The map will be expanding to +/- 7500 blocks
3) There are going to be a couple "outpost towns" near the current edge of the map for players to easily travel to for either building in or to be near the new chunks.
4) Boarded up shops in the mall will be removed.
5) There will be a new creative world that may or may not launch when the server opens.

There will be more changes as we'll have to change certain plugins, but this is it for now.

RE: Minecraft 1.3 update server news and status

Great, thank you rocky!

If anyone loses their mc client for 1.2.5 I will have a fresh copy I can spare for you. Can't wait for the big update :x3::eek:mg:

I'm gonna set up so many tripwires. :gar:

Heres a clean 1.2.5 jar if anybody lost theirs.
http://www.mediafire.com/?8a29r3p6dq2eni8

Small update:
Bukkit doesn't have any build available yet (let alone a stable build). No chance for the server to be running 1.3 tonight and it's looking like this is going to be a bad update for plugins in general so we'll be updated by this weekend only if we're lucky.

Nothing much new for today. There are some builds of Bukkit out, but they aren't even close to stable yet.

Take your time, rocky. I'd rather wait for everything to be stable, than risk playing on an unstable build with glitchy plugins.

I will be updating the server in the next couple hours. I will then start to add plugins until I'm ready to open up the server to everyone. I have no ETA on when that will be finished.

Finishing updating a few plugins right now, mainly Dynmap which takes forever to make changes to. I don't want to give a time, but we're getting close. I may put a player cap on if the server starts to generate too many new chunks because of everyone looking for new spots.

Another note, I had previously protected two villages from being destroyed and while I'm probably not going to protect any new ones, I don't want people claiming villages and blocking other people from going in. I haven't decided exactly how we're going to handle villager trading, but for now, no one can "own" villages. They also will be considered server buildings so if you destroy them, you will be punished, but you may take anything from the chests in them. The other new buildings are fine to raid and even reset traps for other players.

No, he didn't say set traps he said reset the traps already in place very big difference.

Server is public. If we start to generate too many new chunks, I may put a player cap on but for now it's off.

Remember, this is a beta build of Bukkit running with outdated and beta plugins. There will be issues. By joining right now you accept some risks of items being lost. It shouldn't happen, but it is a possibility.

Koala/Quincy: To be honest, I'm not sure if it's going to be an issue at all as we may not have any new structures generated. For now, you may only reset traps, but that may change. The key with these buildings is that they are supposed to contain traps and players should know that.

Looks like its back up get playing people. :awesome:

Just saw the beta announcement in game :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom