Post the countries your families came from before immigrating to us or elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eternal said:
JenJen said:
My parents were born in Korea but i was born in Texas
KOOOORRREEEEEAAAAAA
thats-racist.gif

Sienna37 said:
Italy and Germany

Kann sie Deutsch sprechen? :3

xXPhasemanXx said:
Können Sie Deutsch sprechen? :duh:

"Sie" if for polite reasons. The "sie" is for feminine nouns so it's "Kann sie."
:duh::duh: GET SCHOOLED ON BOYEE :duh::duh:

ST4NCE-DELT4 said:
xXPhasemanXx said:
ST4NCE-DELT4 said:
Sienna37 said:
Italy and Germany

Kann sie Deutsch sprechen? :3

Können Sie Deutsch sprechen? :duh:

"Sie" if for polite reasons. The "sie" is for feminine nouns so it's "Kann sie."

So you said, "Can she speak German?" That's kind of rude to say, honestly. You wouldn't walk up to a person (Let's say a random man) and say, "Can he show me where the bathroom is?" You would only say that if you were talking to somebody else about that specific man. However, since you were talking directly to that man (As you were Sienna), you would say, "Can you show me where the bathroom is?" So that's why I corrected you to use the formal version of you, "Sie." You used the wrong pronoun for your specific question's context.

Auch, können Sie Italienisch sprechen, Sienna?

Dad's family is from Corleone, Sicily. I'm directly related to this guy, which is kinda kool I guess. They came over in the 20's.

Mom's family is a mixture of white, mostly German. They've been here since before the United States existed. They owned a fuck load of land which is now city center Philadelphia, but they sold it before it was worth anything. :shy:

Mother: British
Father: Jamaican

Results in me being an awesome blend of both ;)
Haven't seen my dad in years tho:snif:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom