Post the countries your families came from before immigrating to us or elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheridan

So i was in chat box with phase and others and we were talking about people who speak German. Then i mentioned i speak German cause i am German through relation. So here, Ill go first.I'm mentioning what i know. Btw this is traced through my grandparents that i know. They have since all passed on.
But anyways Subject is on your ethnicity and where you originate from, If you feel like telling.

Mothers side:
My great grandfather came from Berlin but he lived in Prussia for a while. Of course Prussia crashed after World war II. But he immigrated here in the early 1900's to Iowa. (German)

My grandmother came here with some relatives from The Netherlands. They were a farming group. came about the same time frame. (Dutch)

Fathers side:
my Great grandfather Came from County Cork, Republic of Ireland (technically still a British subject nation at the time.). Came here to Chicago in the 1840's and eventually started building railroads such as the Burlington Norther Santa Fe and Union Pacific. He actually married a Native American woman ( Miami Tribe). So i have a little Native American in me. He had a son who fought as a union soldier in the American Civil war. Then several generations later my current Grandfather enlisted in The Navy during World War II and was sent to Guadalcanal in the pacific theater. There he built bridges ,bases ,and installations for the Marines and Army to use. If you want ill post again about some stories from Guadalcanal.

My Grandmothers side came from Budapest,Hungary as members of a royal family (possibly even related to Austro-Hungarian monarchy, not sure, never will find out maybe :(. But they came here in the late 1800's i believe. Again working with what my grandparents and parents have told me before.

That is all i know for now. Maybe this summer i'll dig deeper and find out more if i can find it.

If you want post your stories about your families migrating or your ethnics .

My dad's side is from El Salvador. I don't know which part he is from, but he moved here roughly 35 years (Maybe more) ago. I have no clue about my mother's side.
grunge-flags_00419774.jpg

I know fuck all about my mom's side, but a bit about my dad. I don't know WHEN my family moved around, when they were in certain countries, etc...

So: My family is from Scotland. Some branches, germany from what I heard as well. There was also a Scandinavian village in Scotland a few centuries ago, and my family is from there. Apart from that, I just really consider myself Scottish-Canadian.

Dad is Japanese. Mom's Filipino.

Fucking chinks.

I grew up in Princeton NJ so I sound and act like a rich white boy. Now I live in Manhattan so I'm doing alright, I guess.

My dad got his MBA in some business school in Asia idk what country. My mom went to med school in the Philippines and then migrated here. Strangely enough, my parents met in Saudi Arabia where they were both working in their late 20s.

How they met, got together and got married is a really long story that I know no details about. They're divorced now and hate each others' guts, so idek anymore. My parents never really liked me enough to tell the tale.

Both my parents are from the Philippines and my grand parents are part Chinese-ish.

Moved to Los Angeles, then to Maryland since '02-'03

My family comes from Ireland, Scotland, England, Finland, Poland, Norway, Sweden, and a bunch of other white places.

also mexico :mexi:

I don't know hardly anything about my dads side, which is Italian and Scandinavian. Dad was born here, don't know about his dad since they do not communicate as they hate each others guts. He was apparently abusive to my dad so they only sent him a picture of me when I was a newborn and haven't done anything else since. Dads mom was a nice lady who was an alcoholic. She's crazy.

Mothers side is a split of Native American, Polish, and Swedish. An ancestor came to America in the 1800's. Met a native girl who had run away from her reserve and sheltered her. So I get free dental and medical because I'm 1/32 Native blood through the Chickasaw tribe. Also part Choctaw.

And from my dads side I get great muscle genes and a lot of body hair.

My mom is Serbian and so is my dad. I was born in Serbia but we had to leave since there was a war and my dad got killed same goes for all of my grandparents. I currently live in Canada in a half million house.

As asian as it gets. Parents are from China but moved to Hong Kong for most there lives. And lives in US now, and delivered babies here. So I'm ABC. (America Brought to China).

Mom's side: Grandmother was straight Polish. Not sure when the transition to America was. Mom was born here, however. Don't really know anything about my Grandfather, but assuming Polish.

Father's side: Grandmother came from Native American roots. Not sure what kind, however. Not entirely sure about my Grandfather.

Considering how old my mom was when I was born, I ended up getting very little interaction with both sides before they passed. Yay for a 9 year gap between myself and the middle child..

Sacredavenger22 said:
My family comes from Ireland, Scotland, England, Finland, Poland, Norway, Sweden, and a bunch of other white places.
this and portugal

Here.

By here I mean America. My mothers side is native, a little German and mutt thrown in.
My fathers side is mostly German.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom