vsh_powerhouse [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skibur

Finally got the chances to announce this niffy map to the public after several month of tweaking it.

Ladies and Gent, I now hereby pronounce you Halo Reach's Powerhouse map playable on team fortress 2!

You can download here; https://www.dropbox.com/s/p2juqlnwkj76s0i/vsh_powerhouse_prebeta.rar

You can also use this for arena mode as well, it's up to you. I prefer that it's best to played as VSH mode.

Screen shot will be listed below;

A4BE2270909D3524B5724D1FE367E9052F5141C5

2E048CF92B126BCA6D1E35408C8D4FC75BAA7DA2

0B84457EC80C64284C72D1D61D8A7DEBABB48283

AEF29F1CC5AB2EC6DBC56B7FA546ED1CEB6DBDF1

Huge thanks to Shawn Olson and his wallworm tools to make all this possible. Without it, it would take years to get to where I am currently at. Also special thanks to Bungie, former maker of Halo Reach, and all of my friends who help me to test this map out and make it possible.

This map is in prebeta - means bugs could be found, but not likely. Some things can be affected by the next version base on the outcome of this map. Enjoy!

RE: vsh_powerhouse[WIP]

Interesting idea, great that you made it for saxton hale - I don't think many tf2 gametypes would work with this map. The textures are a bit off for tf2's standards, however the original map did look like that, so I guess it's not too bad.

Perhaps add some bloom with the hdr on it, so it fits more like what reach had it.
6-Halo-Reach-Beta-Powerhouse-570x320.jpg

How did you get the map model to your pc? What tools did you use? I've had my eye on sly cooper maps for some time now.

Egan said:
Interesting idea, great that you made it for saxton hale - I don't think many tf2 gametypes would work with this map. The textures are a bit off for tf2's standards, however the original map did look like that, so I guess it's not too bad.

Perhaps add some bloom with the hdr on it, so it fits more like what reach had it.
6-Halo-Reach-Beta-Powerhouse-570x320.jpg

How did you get the map model to your pc? What tools did you use? I've had my eye on sly cooper maps for some time now.
I thought about it, but using HDR mode made the map too bright. I'll have to read more tutorials for bloom scale.

As for the map's model, I made them from 3ds max. The texture are reused from HL2 materials. There are only three texture that wasn't reused from HL2 library list. Can you find which one is it?

I wouldn't suggest hdr imo. Most players computers cant handle the step up, and even with it off the file size jumps, knowing how large that file is, i don't think its really needed, and in the end would go to waste.

Power-Fusion said:
I wouldn't suggest hdr imo. Most players computers cant handle the step up, and even with it off the file size jumps, knowing how large that file is, i don't think its really needed, and in the end would go to waste.

and hdr is pretty shitty in general if not made correctly

Hdr isn't hard to work with, and it looks awesome when it's done right. I would say some people couldn't handle hdr on their pcs, but you can have it off by default in the options menu. For the 95% of the population of tf2 who don't have 6+ year old pcs, it doesn't run poorly at all. HDR is pre-rendered, and is comparable to about 8 custom textures.

There is a swell tutorial on hdr skyboxes here: http://www.interlopers.net/tutorials/31416 , and then just look in the valve docs for the lighting stuff.

But yes, hdr does increase file size by about 20mb for a medium sized map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom