Solid State Drive FTW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skibur

Hey guys, I have a Corsair Force 3 60 Gb Solid State drive for a cheap price. With my operating system transfer over and all, I had to delete some crappy files from it.

In result in the recycling bin, it was insanely fast!
belPG.png

Discuss :p

Edited: I almost forgot, I ordered another solid state drive, a Corsair Force series GT 120 Gb SSD on the way. I should have it by Thursday or Friday.

Update
:3 got Corsair Force GT 120 Gb and it's fannnnnn-fucking-tastic!
E7pwz.jpg

6jwzY.jpg

On the second picture, from left to right, Corsair Force GT 120 GB with the 3.5 hard drive adapter, Corsair Force 3 60 Gb with the 3.5 hard drive adapter, corrupted fucking piece of shit Seagate 1 Tb internal hard drive. (Lost about 100 Gb of program files)

SSD are very slick, but still too expensive imo. I'm looking to have one in my next laptop here in the next year when I decide to pull the trigger.

SSDs are awesome. I love my Vertex 3. I have been putting small capacity ones in all of my "everyday person" builds and the people who get the PCs love how fast everything boots up and how fast the programs launch.

Worth the price.

I say you need to man up

rcy.jpg

I'd be more tempted to shell out for a SSD if my computer wasn't on/suspended more or less 24/7.

The 128gb in my MBA is very nice. Hopefully the elves will put together a nice 60gb Vertex 3 that will go well in my main "rig."

I am the same way Coffee is. I leave my PC running 24/7, so right now I just don't want to go into SSD.

Mr. Coffee said:
I say you need to man up

rcy.jpg

I'd be more tempted to shell out for a SSD if my computer wasn't on/suspended more or less 24/7.
Wow how many hard drive do you have total?

Also sad news, my 1 Tb Seagate Hard drive just went corrupted. This was the second time it did this on me :(

Just got a 120GB Corsair Force 3 for Christmas. 15 second boot-ups are quite a bit faster than the 60 second bootups on my 7200RPM HDD.

Uppppp date! And glad you enjoy the insane speed of corsair, scrt1182. I have window 8 on the Corsair Force 3 and it loads under 3 sec after the bio screen. Incredibly fast.

The only problem now is that I have to make sure that I have to disable the disk defragment. They're useless for solid state drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom