Skibur's maps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skibur

Not a while ago, I got a private message from Clutch about one of my map is causing the server to receive unknown commands. Because of this, tfdb_amazon_alpha will no longer be on the intox's map list anymore. The final version will be postpone due to intense debugging to make sure the system behind it doesn't break.

As for tfdb_orbital_rc1, I have numerous of complaint about two things, one was the rocket keeps destroying because the pillar is in the rocket projectile path, and secondly; people were dying from airblasting into the death boundary of the map. This quickly became an issue. The next version of this map, which I'm compiling at the moment, will fix those two problems; The pillar is no longer solid to rocket, and the boundary of the map no longer hurts you. The boundary will push you back into the game area. If you were airblast or jump off the platform, you will be floating in space with less movement, until you hit the exterior boundary that catapults you back into the platform. I also add a teleport field underneath the pillar, in case if someone get stuck in the animation between the pillar and the space shuttle.

tfdb_satellite : https://www.dropbox.com/s/57flgqjlt1gu31h/tfdb_Satellite_v1.zip

Also, due to some secret agreement and argument, tfdb_orbital will now be named as tfdb_satellite.

As for the vent, I haven't receive any argument nor complaints about it what so ever.

If you have any question regarding about my map, feel free to ask me or discuss in here.

Edit; I am happy to finally announce the newest version of tfdb_amazon_b1;

In a deep forest, full of crying tears from the sky, awaits you for your arrival. May the best win.
EC20FDA8B093BA6B2B88B930C47B3F881594CB51

6F352AE83B324BA155C24A8EECFEC35D6C796CA2

Being the last person alive has it's own perks! Do your best to be one of them!
34DD4BE3C9C6D1D49D891183E97CEE9CBBA2C12B

9BEE8A48FEEB8578CABED70E24623D3001A7EF92

Map files; tfdb_amazon_b1

RE: Skibur's map.

Nooooo, Amazon :'( there's going to be a lot of complaints about this but there's nothing that can be done about that now. As for orbital or should I say satellite, I'm happy with the changes.

Vent causes an FPS drop for some players. Not sure if it's cause of the flames or if the map isn't optimized, but just putting it out there

Zean*** said:
Nooooo, Amazon :'( there's going to be a lot of complaints about this but there's nothing that can be done about that now. As for orbital or should I say satellite, I'm happy with the changes.
Yeah, but I promise you, the new version of amazon will be amazing. There's a reason why it's called amazon :p

No Cow Level said:
Vent causes an FPS drop for some players. Not sure if it's cause of the flames or if the map isn't optimized, but just putting it out there
Thank you for this, I will try to find what causes this FPS drop!

To be more specific, did the player reported where they view that causes the frame to drop?

Skibur said:
Zean*** said:
Yeah, but I promise you, the new version of amazon will be amazing. There's a reason why it's called amazon :p

Yay:x3:! Can't wait for the new version then :D

Urethra Franklin said:
Orbital V2 is the absolute best, we should just revert to that one.

Sorry Urethra, I understand how much you and BuddeNs love to airblast, but there were more negative feedback than positive feedback about my map. It was to either fix the map or have it taken down. I'm sorry for this inconveniencing issue.

Skibur said:
As for the vent, I haven't receive any argument nor complaints about it what so ever.
Well, my opinion - vent is not a bad map. Actually is the best for GoompaStomps, but it always get RTV'd, just like aloha, box of doom, maui, montreal, platform, sandviches. I think that those maps should be removed because they always get RTV'd, and that means that the majority don't like them

And Yeah skibur, can't wait to try the new Amazon :D (RIP amazon and octagon :'C)
~ThundizOut

The original idea for Vent was my own, however I enlisted Skibur to help physically make the map since I can't used Hammer for squat. I was content with how he interpreted it and the modifications he made to it in the process, so more feedback would be awesome.
People complain about the FPS lag and always getting goomba'd from people using the flame lift.
Some solutions I could think of are to decrease the frequency of the flame lifts, as well as possibly removing some of the health packs/lowering the frequency on their spawn as well so people would be less tempted to use lifts the whole game. The aerial game play makes the map unique in my opinion, and I believe Now Cow expressed a similar thought. However lowering these times could possible quell the complaints from people that get tired of being goomba'd all the time, and hopefully maybe helping the FPS problems, seeing as the flames wouldn't be as frequent (I believe they're the cause of it). However, it isn't hard to keep moving around, and using the platforms as a goomba deterrent by being underneath them.
If it's possible to change the effect from a flame to maybe smoke or, if Hammer has it, some kind of semi-transparent air blast effect. I don't know how else to describe it.
I really don't know the limitations on Hammer, so I don't know how well some of these suggestions will work.

Question: Were the panels on the side of tfdb_satellite suppose to also be non solid to rockets?

About Vent, I'm assuming that the amount of people complaining about getting gomba'ed is a Majority and not a Minority, and that They know ahead of time what Vent is. Then why exactly would they vote for it in the first time?

Also, R.I.P. Old Amazon and Good Luck on new Amazon :thumbs:

Zean said:
Question: Were the panels on the side of tfdb_satellite suppose to also be non solid to rockets?
This is to prevent players camping behind the solar panels or any other objects in game. Any object in game that seems to be a good hiding spot or seems to be a way to prevent getting kill from the rocket are now non-solid, but they are solid to the players.

Play it fair, or else get killed :p

Skibur said:
Zean said:
This is to prevent players camping behind the solar panels or any other objects in game. Any object in game that seems to be a good hiding spot or seems to be a way to prevent getting kill from the rocket are now non-solid, but they are solid to the players.

Play it fair, or else get killed :p

Oh okay, didn't thought about it that way. Fair enough. :D

I just realize that the rocket were spawning downward for some reason, will update that eventually.
I had this idea that you can go "Underneath" the map for further gaming space. Rocket will be able to go through floors. Thoughts?

Skibur said:
I just realize that the rocket were spawning downward for some reason, will update that eventually.
I had this idea that you can go "Underneath" the map for further gaming space. Rocket will be able to go through floors. Thoughts?

Mmmm, I don't really recommended because for any new players to db would more likely prefer to go down there and they will have a hard time blasting the rocket back since you won't be able to orbit I believe.

Zean said:
Skibur said:

Mmmm, I don't really recommended because for any new players to db would more likely prefer to go down there and they will have a hard time blasting the rocket back since you won't be able to orbit I believe.

I don't think it'll be very beneficial to the game play if you allow people to go under. Just a lot of down spiking, which could get annoying since the floors aren't that easy to see through.

BigShonka said:
Zean said:
Skibur said:

I don't think it'll be very beneficial to the game play if you allow people to go under. Just a lot of down spiking, which could get annoying since the floors aren't that easy to see through.
Alrighty then, Once I'm finish uploading a video, I'll get started on hammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom