Prince dies at age 57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomo

Just wow. RIP.

Prince Rogers Nelson, the artist known as Prince, who pioneered "the Minneapolis sound" and took on the music industry in his fight for creative freedom, has died, according to a family member reached by CNN. He was 57. The family member asked not to be identified.

Police are investigating a death at the estate of superstar Prince in Carver County, Minnesota, according to Carver County Sheriff spokesman Jason Kamerud.

Earlier this month, Prince said he wasn't feeling well, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution, and canceled at least one concert in the city. Some days later, he took the stage in Atlanta to perform. After that concert, the singer's plane made an emergency landing, the singer's spokesperson Yvette Noel-Schure told CNN. At the time she said, "He is fine and at home."

Prince has won seven Grammy Awards, and has earned 30 nominations. Five of his singles have topped the charts and 14 other songs hit the Top 10. He won an Oscar for the original song score to the classic film "Purple Rain."
The singer's predilection for lavishly kinky story-songs earned him the nickname, His Royal Badness. He is also known as the "Purple One" because of his colorful fashions.

You can read the full CNN article below. This story is very recent and is still developing. 

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/21/entertainment/prince-estate-death/index.html?adkey=bn&sr=twCNN042116prince-estate-death0534PMStoryLink&linkId=23710223

I remember playing Purple Rain when i was like 7 and my parents making fun of me

rip Prince.

Sass said:
you must have listened to a lot of Prince in your 16 years of existence

rip Prince

I first heard of him about 3 years ago when I saw him perform for some televised event. Still pretty young, but I still enjoy his music.

R.I.P. Prince (1958-2016)

I don't listen to any of his music, but's it sad to see him go at a rather young age (he was only in his mid-50's). This thread is here if you want to pay a tribute to him. You can post when you first heard of him (I only heard of him on a radar-dodging joke on Animaniacs) and any other memories of him.

Rest in peace Prince (June 7, 1958 - April 21, 2016)

RE: R.I.P. Prince (1958-2016)

http://intoxgaming.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=39848

Close this thread/delete it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom