Nvidia Geforce GTX 680 anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skibur

Newegg is completely sold out, but I'll buy one when I have the chances.

Comments? Did anyone manage to buy one before it was sold out?

Definitely worth the money. Everyone I've talked to and all the articles I've read say they are cheaper and faster than a 7970. Only con is they are sold out everywhere.

A new shipment should arrive early to mid April.

Worth the money is subjective. The best price/decentperformance still lies with the 6900 series (fallout from the 7000 release)

Mr. Coffee said:
Worth the money is subjective. The best price/decentperformance still lies with the 6900 series (fallout from the 7000 release)

I guess I should state its worth the money in that particular price range and given that it is the most powerful single card on the market. I dont mean against other values like cheaper cards in SLI/Crossfire etc.

Yep, amazing card. Cheaper and faster than the 7970 are true.

I just hope it doesn't explode like Fermi.

Recon said:
Yep, amazing card. Cheaper and faster than the 7970 are true.

I just hope it doesn't explode like Fermi.

It is supposed to run cooler than the 7000's too :D

reckford said:

Wow.

Considering the power efficiency and heat generated from the 7000's, that's quite a feat to be reckoned with methinks. Although ATI biased, I would definitely buy it. Nvidia's taking a turn for price/performance. A very respectable move.

Recon said:
reckford said:

Wow.

Considering the power efficiency and heat generated from the 7000's, that's quite a feat to be reckoned with methinks. Although ATI biased, I would definitely buy it. Nvidia's taking a turn for price/performance. A very respectable move.

I agree with this statment.

Depends on usage. The equivalent 7000 will pull ~30 more watts under full load but always ~10 less in long idle. If it's in a box used solely for recent games and never a server or any sort of p2p then the 680 takes it, but for anything else the 'zero core' feature will likely win out.

A friend of mine had a problem running BF3 using 680 in SLI mode.
He was running ultra high with 32" HDTV.

Anyway, Once it's restocked, I'll buy it before it runs out.

I'm going to play devils advocate here and say that the low PPI makes something a tv, 1920x1080 is decent, and 95% of TV's have a 'game mode' because of their shitty image processing.

Granted it's a high price to pay for what amounts to a good minimum frame rate in a handfull of games, but if that's your thing.

Hey comon be nice to my friends :(
At least the fact that I'm going to buy the graphic card anyway.

Mr. Coffee said:
and 95% of TV's have a 'game mode' because of their shitty image processing.

Even with a game mode it won't drop the input lag below 80ms. There's a huge thread on AVSforums that found out only a handful of TVs can have tolerable input lag.

I'd just rather go with a 1080p projector and a 50"+ canvas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom