Nintendo Investor Meeting (4/27)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomo

Nintendo held an investor meeting last night showing how they continue to show failing sales. Nintendo usually reveals some upcoming projects at the event and they revealed some pretty big news.

1. Nintendo's next system, Codenamed "NX" is coming in March 2017 (Planned on a Winter 2016 release but games were not ready).
2. Zelda U is coming in March 2017 and is also coming to NX that same month.
3. E3 is gonna be pretty bad for Nintendo, as the only playable game will be the Wii U version of Zelda U. NX will not be at the show at all. Will be revealed later on.
4. Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing games are coming this fall for mobile devices.

Not sure how to feel about their E3 presence, but it will likely be worse than last year's showing. Not showing off NX is definitely a bad move.

It's sad to see such decline in nintendo, considering I grew up with them. Probably because they are one of the only game companies who still don't port their IPs to PC, at least that's what I think

Stopnswop said:
It's sad to see such decline in nintendo, considering I grew up with them. Probably because they are one of the only game companies who still don't port their IPs to PC, at least that's what I think

I think this also works in their favor though. The only current gen console I own is a Wii U and the rest of my gaming is PC. I'm aware XB1 and PS4 also have exclusives but none I care about.

I think Nintendo just bet that gameplay > visuals for most people and they were wrong. Whenever I visit IGN articles on console games I see comments like 'this game sux it isnt even 1080p!!! 900p upscale noob developers!!! wheres my 60fps!" etc and like it or not those people are a very sizeable portion of the game-buying pie. So in this respect instead of Nintendo seen as 'forward-thinking' or 'revolutionary' like it used to be, it's control(ler) ideas are overlooked (and also probably annoying for developers) as gimmicks, and then Nintendo is seen as 'late' to the HD games party.

Celach said:
Stopnswop said:

I think this also works in their favor though. The only current gen console I own is a Wii U and the rest of my gaming is PC. I'm aware XB1 and PS4 also have exclusives but none I care about.

I think Nintendo just bet that gameplay > visuals for most people and they were wrong. Whenever I visit IGN articles on console games I see comments like 'this game sux it isnt even 1080p!!! 900p upscale noob developers!!! wheres my 60fps!" etc and like it or not those people are a very sizeable portion of the game-buying pie. So in this respect instead of Nintendo seen as 'forward-thinking' or 'revolutionary' like it used to be, it's control(ler) ideas are overlooked (and also probably annoying for developers) as gimmicks, and then Nintendo is seen as 'late' to the HD games party.

That's a really good point, actually. That's one thing I always liked about Nintendo, is that it always stuck to its goofy cartoon graphics. I don't care if a game has realistic graphics, just as long as its fun to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom