dr_area_51_a2 [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skibur

New deathrun map. Made by skibur. The map was tested on Asylum server and it seems everything functional. There will be an update soon, but not for awhile.

This map has 10 traps, each has it's own way of killing the survivors. There is a special combination codes that you will have to memorize in order to win the game. If you fail to enter the code correctly three time, the hale is released and you lose the game.

Good luck Gentlemen;
5C62B20B0841E4966B3E99F5E8B98A2F039FBBDB

Direct Link; https://www.dropbox.com/s/ijt329uza68xivf/dr_area_51_a2.rar

Edit; Updated from dr_area_a1 to dr_area_a2

dr_area_a1;
Map released for public

dr_area_a2;
Added kill train (Gman)
Fixed some traps where players were able to survive the longest with two medics or heavy
tweaked some trap.
Added my signature in it
Added digits near the end to help the players know which place of the code they're in.
Added a new text message for hale to alert the hale the door is open.
Fixed some death barrier where player should have been instant killed
Added a timer to the secret room. Player(s) is/are forced to be teleported after fifteen second.
Reduced Lightnings to avoid some engine problems
Added cubemaps to avoid "Pink and black" reflection texture from models
Added new room for Kill train to spawn (Gman)

Note; This map is in the alpha stage. Bugs may appear. If you find some bugs on this map, please report them with description of it, screencap, and how it's done.

RE: dr_area_51_a1 [WIP]

Note - While observing the server test the map, I noticed that there is a 50/50 chances of winning due to the fact that they can't remember the codes.

Skibur said:
Note - While observing the server test the map, I noticed that there is a 50/50 chances of winning due to the fact that they can't remember the codes.

Yeah you gotta take the F2P population density into account when designing maps.

Is there going to be aliens?

Diealready said:
Yeah you gotta take the F2P population density into account when designing maps.

More like a retard check.

DJ P0N3 said:
Awesome Map ;3
Oh and on trap 4, there is no trigger_hurt set to the moving beams.

Right I got some complaints who told me that already. The next version will be prep for the beta, feature more bugs fixed and more traps added.

Currently building the beta. Stay tune!

-Zean, yes I know. The beta will have more extended traps and features. They were suppose to be for from Amazon map, but cancel out due to shift of game variation environments.

Wii Remote Victim said:
It needs some ambient noise.

I tried to avoid that.. Cause too much space...

But I'll see if I can get one. Maybe scary... Maybe...

Skibur said:
Wii Remote Victim said:
It needs some ambient noise.

I tried to avoid that.. Cause too much space...

But I'll see if I can get one. Maybe scary... Maybe...

Custom soundscapes are literally just 2 small text files and env_soundscape entities. Plus there's a bunch of premade ones already in the engine that you could use.

The code for them is really simple too, I made a bunch for dr_aconian, I could help you with it.

Skibur, your map is great. The code idea was good too, but people want it removed as it causes a opportunity for trolls at the code area. The map is great though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom