CPU Coolers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlagueBringer

I just want to learn more about CPU Coolers and shit. I have a general idea what to look for and what not, but I'd like to know what you guys do to pick out specific Coolers for different CPU's.

You can also talk about your whole process of building/picking pieces as well for comps if you like :).

http://www.silentpcreview.com/Recommended_Heatsinks

Good site. Generally when picking parts I look for silence oriented parts.

If I were to get another cooler, I'd get a NZXT or Swiftech dual-fan radiator in a push-pull setup.
They are the quietest AIO Water-Coolers from my latest research (like six months ago, I doubt much has come out since)
The push-pull setup isn't THAT much better, but might as well.

It pains me to say this but watch some Linus videos about coolers for some quick numbers and testing.

Also there's some deal with copper and different types of metal but I didn't read much into it.

ugh this reminds me ive been putting off installing a new cooler on my PC for months now

Whatever cooler you pick you will need to adjust airflow for. For example, using a closed-loop liquid cooler helps keep your processor cool, but diminishes airflow on your board's power delivery systems and the RAM modules. You can compensate for this to an extent by adjusting your case airflow if possible or installing RAM fans onto your modules.

There's all sorts of little tricks you can do. My computer sits next to an AC vent so in the summer months I run a short length of thermal duct to the 80mm fan on the side.

I am using external cooling fan for my Laptop but my friend is using Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO for his CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom