Need build to fry eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will do.

THIS is what I've come up with looking at other builds. Nothing final of course. Not certain the card will fit in that case.

I've been looking at a 4GB model GTX 960 like the one I own. The 390 costs +100 over the 960 with only 20% performance difference. You can save that $100 and invest in other components. You still do not have your storage medium.

Here. Try this for your liking? http://pcpartpicker.com/p/XsNvLk

Let me know what you like and what you would like to boost.

I don't mind going over the price I put in the OP, it was just more of a guideline.

I'd like to stick with the sapphire 390 instead of a 960 or 970 after all. I like AMD cards more honestly. I'll be transferring my current SSD and HD to the new build so I won't need those. Also won't need OS. Just the things in the OP.

Hook me up with the vidya card change, take off the storage, add a case big enough to fit the card I listed and we'll be good to go.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3XDJFT

The case you have is compatible. You'll just have to remove your upper drive cage.

EDIT: wow way to change the rules in-between posting, sec.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($239.99 @ Newegg)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler ($34.50 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI Z170A Tomahawk AC ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($149.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($72.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($74.99 @ Adorama)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($71.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 4GB SuperSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card ($219.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Enermax OSTROG ATX Mid Tower Case ($0.00)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($54.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $911.43
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-05 00:55 EDT-0400

CPU:Same
Cooler: The H7 is the "new" 212. It's tried and true and very popular. Fantastic performance for this price. You don't want to skimp out on a cpu cooler.
Mobo: A very recent mobo, but a highly rated one. A little more moeny, but it's got all the bells and whistles, and matches your color profile. Consider a H170 to save money if your GPU is going to be your only pci device.
RAM: Same. All RAM is cheap and about the same.
SSD: Changed to a different brand. About the same performance for about $10 cheaper.
HDD: Same. Who cares tbh.
GPU: Okay then. "20%" You'd be VERY happy with a 970 or 390. If you don't think you want that much beef, get a 960 or 380x. (same price range)
Case: Same.
PSU: Power supplies are tricky, two things to look for are: Fully or Semi - Modular, and the rating. I would be hesitant getting a Bronze, and would get at least gold. Check http://www.jonnyguru.com/ if you wanna dig deep. Some Corsair branded PSUs are rotten, whereas EVGA is always good.

Standby for decision.

Edit: Leaning towards Fiesta's right now just without the storage and with a 390 instead. Any arguments against it?

LOLWAT? It took you an hour to put together a build list? I used a template I keep around.

The primary differences are a higher wattage PSU with a different efficiency rating and an air CPU cooler. Your build will come in at less than 500 watts anyway but higher is better if you plan on adding another card later.

The board he listed is identical in most respects to the one I listed, except it has a built-in wifi card mounted in an odd position. I could see issues with that when trying to install components or do cleaning/maintenance. Other than that if you want it, go for it.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($239.95 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 106.1 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($114.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI Z170A Tomahawk AC ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($149.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($72.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 390 8GB Nitro Video Card ($309.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Fractal Design Define S w/Window ATX Mid Tower Case ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 650W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($74.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $1032.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-04-05 01:14 EDT-0400

ALRIGHT

CPU COOLER: DAMN DUDE. SINGLE FAN RAD? AMATEUR. DON'T YOU KNOW MOST SINGLE RADS PERFORM ABOUT THE SAME IF NOT WORSE THAN SIMILARLY PRICED PASSIVELY COOLED SYSTEMS? THE X61 IS THE BOMB. OTHER OPTIONS ARE FROM SWIFTECH AND THERMALTAKE (ALTHOUGH THEY CAN BE A LITTLE LOUD) DON'T WANT WATER COOLING? GET THE DH-D15, IT'S UGLY BUT IT'S QUIET AS FUCK AND ONE OF THE BEST. OTHER OPTION WOULD BE THE DARK ROCK PRO 3. WHOOO!

Okay.

PSU: Swapped that bitch for a platinum fully-mod baby from EVGA. 10/10.

CASE: ALRIGHT YOU GOTTA MAKE A DECISION HERE.

COOLER MASTER MASTERCASE PRO 5
FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE S (OR 5)
NZXT H440 OR NOCTIS 450
PHANTEKS ENTHOO LUXE, PRO, OR ANYTHING MAN THIS A BOMB CASE.

THESE ARE ALL DOPE CASES THAT ARE QUIET AND LOOK SICK.

WOOO

Just put a sticker with my forum logo on the window side and we'll call it even.

Sorano said:
Just put a sticker with my forum logo on the window side and we'll call it even.

GOTCHOO FAM

I'm gonna end up going with a 980ti since I'll be getting a 1440p monitor soon. Don't care enough to wait months for pascal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom