Minecraft information! (no ip yet hehe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kneepel

lorax
Hi guys, quick over view about how the server is going to work.

General server info:

• Running Spigot 1.8.8
  • 3000x3000 border
  • Will be RPG/Economy/Survival
  • Classes exist with skills and magic!
  • Items will be restricted behind classes and their levels (eg, you cannot use a diamond sword until level 5 melee or use a diamond tools until level 5 gathering)
  • Economy will be player and plugin driven. There will be a central shop accessible by NPCs which has dynamically changing prices based on supply/demand
  • Server is running towny, so make towns!
  • PVP is enabled in all non protected zones
  • Donor perks include cosmetics and a special world!
  • Members will get some benefits
  • Send me a PM to apply for mod using the same template as the admin application for the servers (also include experience please)!
  • Custom bosses and dungeons and shit
  • Lots of holographs!
  • Server is being targeted to maintain a population of ~50 players, so advertisement will be heavy.

SkyHub

• That big circular thing you all saw will be the main 'center' of the server
  • Will include shops, teleports to other words, NPCs, auction house, etc.
  • Where you go to level up classes and skills
  • Has some cool looking shit
  • Jumping in the void brings you back to the spawn (good try fuckers)
  • 99% free of all cuck signs and dicks
  • Basically an update of the older skyhub but bigger

Main World

• Uses normal generator
  • Set on normal difficulty
  • NO GRIEFING OR STEALING
  • PVP enabled in all non town or WG protected zones
  • No single protections allowed, but your houses will be rolled back if griefed
  • Very survival based

Donor Shit

• Donors will have some hats and appearance customizations (https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/ultra-cosmetics-2-opensource-and-free.10905/)
  • Donors will also receive a chat tag
  • Donor world with custom environment (http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/meiva---dance-of-the-elements-6000-x-6000-survival-map-theme---balance/). Secondary towns can be made here if the plugin allows. Normal world rules apply.
  • Custom, hard as shit mobs will spawn in this world!
  • No huge benefits (thanks shitty EULA)
  • Tba

Classes:

• Primary classes! (Warrior, mage, archer)
  • Advanced classes, branched off from the main!! (Battle-mage, Rogue, Berserker, etc) post launch, this is a lot of fucking programming holy shit. i don't know the limits of the plugin yet but if herocraft can do it, i can do it also.
  • Secondary classes!!!1 (Gatherer, crafter, enchanter)
  • Spells (yeah bitch. fireballs and shit)
  • Gear and enchants will be limited per class (only warriors can use diamond swords, diamond armor for berserker, archers bows, etc). Compensation of vanilla items will be added via custom enchants and items for classes along with traits boosting stats.
  • Exp can be gained via questing and other shit
  • May add jobs ( https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/jobs-reborn.4216/)
  • Classes will upgrade via a secondary currency called XauseDollars (XD). Will be obtained via quests and etc.
  • You can respec and change classes (for a fee!)
  • Look for more information later as I make a detailed post how the classes advance 

Quests:

• Handwritten and placed by me! (my suicide note basically)
  • Will be a few dozen at launch, looking to expand after.
  • Very easy to write (will get people to help)
  • Will give certain perks, currency, XauseDollars, etc
  • All done through NPC dialogue and GUIs
  • So many NPCs!
  • NPCs!
  • Anywhere from Kill X, to entire dialogue chains.
  • Might figure out a way to randomize them and make some daily.

Economy:

• Will be fully automated and stocked by the server
  • Central shop will have unlimited supply, all prices based on supply/demand
  • Auctions!
  • 2 currencies so far. XauseDollars for special purchases and regular dollars for shit
  • Dynamically updating prices
  • Uses GUIs for shops
  • Taxes! (Fuck you)
  • Price floor, price ceiling, static pricing, initial pricing, sales tax, purchase tax, etc
  • Plugin is http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/hyperconomy/
  • No, we're not using the web panel

Towns:

• Using Towny! (Fuck factions)
  • Towns require 5 people to create, and costs X dollars.
  • Mayors, Co-Mayors, Residents, etc
  • Hamlet > Village > Town > City > Metropolis > Megalopolis (Each advancing every 5 players)
  • Towns can purchase extra land claims. Towns can claim another 800 blocks of area (5 32*32 plots) every 5 players.
  • Residents in a town are limited to allocated land a mayor specifically allocates that player (in blocks of 16*16). Makes it so residents can only touch their property and not others
  • PVP and dangerous mob spawning disabled in towns
  • Travel between towns must be coordinated!
  • Nations! Groups of towns can form nations which have peace treaties and share taxes.
  • Speaking of which, taxes! Towns are taxed every day, failure to pay the tax X days in a row will result in a town being forcibly disbanded
  • Mayors can tax residents!
  • Nations can tax towns!
  • Kings!
  • Wars between towns! (okay probably not, not unless I can find a good way to configure this feature)
  • Read more: https://code.google.com/archive/a/eclipselabs.org/p/towny/wikis/HowTownyWorks.wiki
  • The second bain of my existence! Watch for my suicide note between this and LegendQuest (Classes plugin)

Misc/Custom Shit:

• Many additions to plugins/custom scripts made by yours truly!
  • Lots of handmade GUIs (if i can figure them out lmao)
  • Custom Bosses and mobs!
  • Custom treasures hidden throughout the world, redeemable daily/weekly/once
  • TBA

Finally, the plugin list! (If you share this, I will personally remove you from the clan. I'm serious, DO NOT SHARE THIS. Partly because I don't want people copying us if we do actually sustain players and because if an eventual exploit pops up in a plugin, I want to disable it before people can reek havoc).

6f00a857d9.jpg

More to be added later, server is coming along nicely at a good pace.

Edit: TFW BULLET POINTS ARENT WORKING

Yeah thanks, too bad it's gonna be a while.

Anyone who wants to do some banner graphics, building, etc message me on steam. I'll be on all day tomorrow building so come and join if you're a decent enough builder.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

is there a border on the main world?

give me op4 or defriended

kneepel said:
Main World

• How will these be enforced and what is WG

Fiesta said:
kneepel said:
Main World

• How will these be enforced and what is WG

• Worldguard. Will be enforced by mods with logblock and etc, violating this will result in a ban and a rollback of their griefing. Server is going to be a light-application whitelist to filter out the massive amount of shit accounts.

Celach said:
50 people on at any given time is also pretty ambitious. dont even know 50 people that play minecraft

with tf2's demographic, i could probably hit 10k if i tried hard enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom