Jamar Clark death: No charges for police over fatal shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sacredavenger22

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35928102

[font=Helmet, Freesans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Minneapolis police officers will not be charged over the fatal shooting of Jamar Clark, a 24-year-old unarmed man.[/font]

I know there have been several threats of riots/arson if the police weren't charged. I will update with police scanner and streams of any events to come from this (if im not busy working).  

Sacredavenger22 said:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-35928102

[font=Helmet, Freesans, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Minneapolis police officers will not be charged over the fatal shooting of Jamar Clark, a 24-year-old unarmed man.[/font]

I know there have been several threats of riots/arson if the police weren't charged. I will update with police scanner and streams of any events to come from this (if im not busy working).  

I'm not sure whether police are granted certain special rights, but i'm pretty sure homicide isn't one of them.

StaticKyrbi said:
I'm not sure whether police are granted certain special rights, but i'm pretty sure homicide isn't one of them.

Homicide is a legally defined term. In many of these legal cases that go to a (grand) jury, the cop walks because the jurors are bound by the definition written in the law. Most of those definitions require the officer to have a reasonable fear for his own safety which is hard to show as false. Innocent until proven guilty.

Could be manslaughter, first-degree murder, etc. Homicide is very generic. Plus who's the witness in these cases? Unless there's someone recording from across the street, its the cop's partner.

I was talking about this with some friends and they said that fear isn't a justifiable reason for someone to be shot.

I disagreed and said that fear causes people to make knee jerk reactions because of their adrenaline and other emotions that are going through their actions and thoughts. They probably wouldn't make that decision again if given the option.

Most incidences like this are because the officer felt afraid for their own personal safety, and they were trained to fire to kill when put in a situation like this. Most of the cops involved in situations like these seem very level headed and it (most of the time) doesn't seem like a 'race based' shooting.

Celach said:
StaticKyrbi said:

Homicide is a legally defined term. In many of these legal cases that go to a (grand) jury, the cop walks because the jurors are bound by the definition written in the law. Most of those definitions require the officer to have a reasonable fear for his own safety which is hard to show as false. Innocent until proven guilty.

Could be manslaughter, first-degree murder, etc. Homicide is very generic. Plus who's the witness in these cases? Unless there's someone recording from across the street, its the cop's partner.

I was mostly focusing on the fact that the definition of homicide is "unlawful"
The law shouldn't be on their side in situations like these

Sentron said:
I was talking about this with some friends and they said that fear isn't a justifiable reason for someone to be shot.

I disagreed and said that fear causes people to make knee jerk reactions because of their adrenaline and other emotions that are going through their actions and thoughts. They probably wouldn't make that decision again if given the option.

Most incidences like this are because the officer felt afraid for their own personal safety, and they were trained to fire to kill when put in a situation like this. Most of the cops involved in situations like these seem very level headed and it (most of the time) doesn't seem like a 'race based' shooting.

Fear of what? In many MANY of the articles i read of a situation like this one (this one being Jamar Clark) i don't see a justifiable reason to be afraid. The cop is armed, usually has backup, and should know how to react. I'm sorry if I expect a "trained" professional with a fucking firearm to not be susceptible to "knee jerk reactions" when it comes to the life of civilians.

It is for reasons like these I am afraid to encounter a police officer. What if i happen to move just a little bit too much forward or if I have a mean mug that day? Will the cop shoot me? 
When can I trust a man with a firearm who can say he was afraid and is now impervious to the repercussions of my death?
I'm not saying that all cops just want to shoot people, but when they can say that there was no criminal intent and VERY FREQUENTLY be let off with NO CHARGES, why does it matter to them when they have a "knee jerk reaction".

It transcends "black lives matter" or hispanic or muslim or whatever. 
LIVES MATTER

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZBS_p-NVFI[/video]

[*][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Prosecutors cleared Officer Feaster of wrongdoing in the shooting, concluding that his actions were not criminal[/font]
[*][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Feaster, a five-year veteran, claimed his semi-automatic handgun unintentionally discharged [/font]

The cop walks free with no charges of manslaughter (and I don't have a doubt in my body that that was not accidental)

prosecutor confirmed that he wasn't handcuffed, and that his dna was on the police gun and belt which proves the officers account that he was reaching for the officers weapon. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom