IMPORTANT: Minecraft database lost, RELOCK CHESTS, more info!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockyct

This week our host claims that one of their ex-employees maliciously cleared almost all of the mysql databases that they were hosting. The actual Minecraft server is unaffected but we lost all data that was stored on our database.

That means locks, money, mcmmo stats, and log block records have been reset.

So, first thing everyone needs to do is relock their chests/doors/furnaces/dispensers If you are locking many things at once, first type : /lwc mode persist, then the command you want to persist. Type /lwc mode persist again to turn it off. /cmodify player, adds anyone else you want to the lock.

Money: It's gone. However, everyone who logs in over the next two weeks with automatically get 2,000 to start. Many people are going to get screwed but there's nothing we can do.

Mcmmo: I have cut the leveling in half for skills for the next few weeks and I have set the diamond repair level to 25. Woodcutting is a skill again as they fixed the bug with it.

Griefing: Ultimately, there is nothing we can do if your building has been griefed and wasn't caught before this week. I can help rebuild it, but that is it. Everyone is fine with logging now so if it happens for this point on, it of course, is logged and rollbackable.

As a reminder, chest raiding is not allowed and the players who do this will be punished. I will be locking chests though in prominent areas so you may need me to unlock your chest. The shops have also been boarded up until shop owners can relock their chests and remove the wood.

RE: IMPORTANT: Minecraft database lost, RELOCK CHESTS

Always keep in mind, if you think you've been griefed/robbed/raided after today let a Moderator know either in game or on the forum as soon as possible. But again, we can only do rollbacks from today going forward.

We're here to help you out untill you have your things locked down again.

RE: IMPORTANT: Minecraft database lost, RELOCK CHESTS

It's a shame that we can't roll back any damage that happened earlier.

At least this gives us the opportunity to start a new. In a way I guess. Now we can have objectives to get more money/stats on the server. It may not be desirable at first but eventually we'll all be racing for the top again.

Factions is fine. It was stored in a flat file but every faction's money was stored in iconomy so it is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom