Update: Deathrun and Jailbreak Voice Communication 12/16/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReFlex

There have been a large amount of complaints about ghosting in our servers. I've pushed a small update to Deathrun (not on Jailbreak yet), that changes the way players communicate with each other on the mic. This doesn't necessarily mute people, but it does limit who you can and can't hear in certain situations.

- Alive players can no longer hear dead players
- Dead players can hear dead and alive players

This update is still being tested on Deathrun. Once confirmed fully working, this will be pushed to Jailbreak.

I will be changing chat settings as well to follow the same rules as above.

Thanks to InfinityGene∞ for help in testing.

The only problem I can see is like if a person gets freekilled then they can't say something like "oh you freekilled me and should kill yourself". This is the only problem we had before when we had this sort of system but other than that should be pretty good. If only we had responsible players. This wouldn't be an issue :c

Maybe there could be a freekill command like you type !freekill and your message and it appears as a !me one but you can only do it like once a round. Then if someone ghosts through that we ban/ whatever them for it.

Aborted Fetus of Juan said:
Maybe there could be a freekill command like you type !freekill and your message and it appears as a !me one but you can only do it like once a round. Then if someone ghosts through that we ban/ whatever them for it.

That would be abused.

ReFlex said:
There have been a large amount of complaints about ghosting in our servers. I've pushed a small update to Deathrun (not on Jailbreak yet), that changes the way players communicate with each other on the mic. This doesn't necessarily mute people, but it does limit who you can and can't hear in certain situations.

- Alive players can no longer hear dead players
- Dead players can hear dead and alive players

This update is still being tested on Deathrun. Once confirmed fully working, this will be pushed to Jailbreak.

I will be changing chat settings as well to follow the same rules as above.

Thanks to InfinityGene∞ for help in testing.
I feel like there would be a lot of votebans on guards. If a donor or admin is on they can probably help out, but maybe there should be a voteguardban system for 2 hrs. 

DarkPikachu said:
The only problem I can see is like if a person gets freekilled then they can't say something like "oh you freekilled me and should kill yourself". This is the only problem we had before when we had this sort of system but other than that should be pretty good. If only we had responsible players. This wouldn't be an issue :c

^^ basically this. Though if people get free killed they can post it on the forums. In any case it should be good for DR right now. Thankya ReFlex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom