Tokyo Ghoul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiesta

Tokyo-Ghoul-1024x5751-660x350.png

Just finished the first episode of this.
Basically there are these humanoids with a need for human flesh, and they have [prototype] like powers.
story spoilers
It opens up to one of the ghouls "binge-eating" like five people, then escaping a bounty hunter of some sort who was also a ghoul. This chick ghoul (although you kindof can't tell it's her prior to the reveal) goes on on a date with a boy named Ken whatever who is our protagonist. Ken has an annoying friend named Hide who makes fun of him for being terrible with girls in some cafe, and will probably try being the comic relief later. The date happens and is over like a minute later, and she asks him to take her home, ultimately to turn on him. After she kills him on a construction site some steel beams fall and kill her. Apparently the boy was able to be brought back by doing some organ transplants by this not at all foreshadowing "ima do an experiment and tests on you" doctor despite not having permission from the next of kin. Ken can't eat anything, figures out he's a ghoul due to similarities talked about on a convenient interview on the TV with a expert on ghouls. Ken goes on a walk, scares some kid and a couple, finds himself in an alley after chasing a scent with another ghoul eating a corpse. Ghoul gets rekt by another ghoul, and the other ghoul tries killing Ken for treading on his territory. Another ghoul shows up, who was the waitress in the cafe Ken and Hide were in, and fights the other ghoul. Other ghoul runs off because Waitress chick is apparently high-tier ghoul, and then waitress shoves some of the corpse in Kens mouth
I'm terrible at explaining things.

I'll definitely keep watching because supposedly there's punk chicks, the story is interesting enough, and it's M rated and i'm an edgy faggot.

Has anyone else seen this? Is the ending worth it? It's only twelve episodes at 23~24 minutes each so it's not a huge loss if it isn't.

I just looked up some image to put at the top and I have to see this waifu.
xause don't make fun of me.

7626a312a7af7ffb5fc23fad308948ac.jpg

Seems pretty interesting. Not something I should be deeply obsessed with but well enough to watch in my free time aswell.

I watched it all. I enjoyed it. Ending was decent and season 2 started like a week ago. It is now called Tokyo Ghoul (The fucking square root sign)a

DarkPikachu said:
I watched it all. I enjoyed it. Ending was decent and season 2 started like a week ago. It is now called Tokyo Ghoul (The fucking square root sign)a

I almost started watching that because I was like "roots=prequel/prologue????"
I'll probably watch this whole season today/tomorrow

Fiesta. said:
DarkPikachu said:

I almost started watching that because I was like "roots=prequel/prologue????"
I'll probably watch this whole season today/tomorrow

Goooooooood

watched a bit of an episode last night. seemed ok, might continue but i'll likely read the manga.
dark manga>dark anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom