The Match of who can beat there Meat....

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJCNEXT

mymday2.png

who will win?
who will lose?
who stopped playing tf2 and doesn't even care?
FIND OUT IN THIS THREAD!

basically discuss and share you're thoughts about the update or think of what will happen when heavy wins to the winning class and what potential weapons could be added.
NOTE: not a comp tf2 thread

Edit: lol at typos in thread title

ones about the update and changes and shit this one is about the war part....

yea you're right. i think heavy will win, since it seems most people have a universal hatred for pyro.

Also, Pyros are going to win by this:
1. Go to x10 Server and go Pyro with default flamethrower
2. Get pyro on enemy team, medic on your team, and a random class not pyro on your team
3. Pyros airblast behaves like a machine gun. Medic keeps healing target, Enemy pyro keeps spraying. Keep airblasting your teamate
4. Free points
5. Profit

I want Heavy to win just so we can get some new weapons for him. Definitely going Team Heavy.

Casual Mode Update: http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=22797
tl;dr: they're working to fix some bugs that resulted in the long queue times
It's no secret that Casual Mode has had a rough launch. We wanted to give you an update on what we're doing to address your concerns.

Short version: We hear you. Later today, we will be shipping a patch to Casual Mode that will remove the penalties for abandoning a game, and allow you to narrow your game mode selections from two modes to a single mode before queuing. Additionally, in the very near future, we will be shipping a more comprehensive Casual Mode patch that will let you select the maps you will be matched into.

We've provided a more detailed breakdown of Casual Mode's issues and how we are addressing your concerns below.

First, and most important, queue times. The queue times you are currently experiencing are a bug, not a feature. It is something we are actively working to correct. Several backend issues appeared post-launch that culminated in long wait times. Removing this issue is our highest priority right now.

Second, abandonment penalties. We had put in a ten-minute cooldown period to encourage players to complete matches. Your feedback has convinced us that it is more important for players to be able to come and go as they please. Today's patch will remove abandonment cooldown penalties from Casual Mode.

Third, user choice. We'd intended to roll out the number of match options available to players incrementally, so as not to overload the matchmaking system with too many variables on Day One. In retrospect, of all the match options to hold back, map selection should not have been one of them. It is the next feature we are adding to Casual Mode, and you will get it very soon.

Fourth, Casual Mode levels. Levels are a cosmetic feature that show how much you've played. They can never be lost, and they do not affect matchmaking. We did a poor job of communicating that Casual Mode Levels are in no way similar to Competitive Mode Ranks (which do affect matchmaking, and can be lost).

Finally, we wanted to note that we value the role the community plays in the development of this game, and do in fact read all the feedback sent to us, as well as through reddit, the forums, streams, and more. We are not always as talkative as we perhaps should be, but we are listening.
p.s. i think heavy needs new content more than pyro. pyro has several different playstyles with the variety of weapons he owns, but there's not much to heavy besides rooty tooty point and shooty.

giggybyte said:
p.s. i think heavy needs new content more than pyro. pyro has several different playstyles with the variety of weapons he owns, but there's not much to heavy besides rooty tooty point and shooty.

points can only be collected for your team on casual or comp modes.....

i know? i'm just saying i hope heavy ends up with more points than pyro so he gets all the good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom