Star Wars Battlefront Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorano

Now that the Beta is over, what did you enjoy most about it? What did you notice that could use improvement?

For me, the graphics were great. It's obvious EA uses portions of previous games for Battlefront but I personally don't care. It has some good elements and the graphics are awesome. The game scales wonderfully too. The starfighter mechanics are fluid and just blow my mind when I play.

But some things that I notice:

There is no weapon spread. You can literally point and shoot and hit the target several times over from any distance. This becomes especially overpowered when everyone has unlocked the heavy repeating rifle. Although the weapons show they only have certain ranges, this is apparently not the case.

Starfighter spawn camping. The struggle is real. Pretty much some players just get a fighter and wait over by the area where enemy fighters come in and shoot them before the player gets control of the fighter. Also, the fighters are rather fragile. If you just brush a snowbank, you explode. Also, you cannot slip over to the other side and steal their fighters like you could in the older games.

ATATs with orbitals. These things are already walking machines of death. Giving them orbitals, even with 30 second cool downs, is just op. Once a player figures out where the walker tokens drop, they can just get in and drop some orbs and then go back to the token to get more orbitals. They are also pretty weak. Old games it took a ton of firepower to knock these guys out.

Snowspeeders are very much useless. You only get them at the end of the Hoth map and they can only be used to effect during the Y-wing bombing runs. That only gives you a window, in most cases, of about 30 seconds to use them. That number is less when you have spawncamping starfighters.

No doubt the graphics are really great, like you said it definitly needs some tweaks. Weapon spread is one, two fact that Luke had a green lightsaber on Hoth and three I had quite some terrible lag not sure if my cpu or connection issues idk. But what I wanna see is Clone Wars, and space battles from Battlefront II.

All in all its pretty soild for me

Beta itself was ok, but the game is an absolute let down. Some how they were able to combine Battlefield and Star Wars yet still make it boring.

The Beta was cool to play for a few hours. The graphics were pretty nice, the nostalgia of star wars was great, and running around killing everyone was fun. 

The issue I have, is EA took a monumental opportunity and fucked it up. The way they are doing missions/solo play and multiplayer is just weird. I will miss galactic conquest, hero fights on mos eisley, and hunt levels. I was really expecting enormous battles taking place from space to ground and the freedom to control the flow of battle. Unfortunately what we were shown was nothing like that. Hoth was really boring because it was just "follow the AT-AT as it walks forward slowly and hope you get lucky and pick up powerups."

Supposedly, the point of this game is to pick up the story between episode 6 and episode 7. We still have yet to see how far EA will play this game out as all they have shown us is two multiplayer modes and one single player.

well EA agreed that the hoth battle was really unfair and unbalanced. maybe they'll actually do this one right

Was it like a fucking 48 hour beta?

Do they not want actual feedback?

it was 96 hours or more iirc. it came out either last thursday or friday and lasted through monday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom