Skip- Fail: The People's Decision

Remove Skip-Jail

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HellaSaint

Changed OP. 

If you want SkipJail removed vote in the poll and comment with a specific reason as to why. 

I moved the thread and added a poll. For the record, we most likely will not make a change unless specific reasons with proof are provided. I like skipjail. If good wardens are on, there is a lot to do. Unfortunately most wardens do the same 3 games and prisoners either do SMK or HG all day. 

Make JB great again: Quick overview of what I had spent such a long time typing.

That unnamed wheel spinning mini game is tedious to play
Jump game is impossible to distinguish which players should be killed
Extremely hard/close to impossible for most players Minigames (wipeout and obby)
Extremely spacious on the outside with no "fillers" to make up for the vast space
Extremely enclosed on the inside making for difficulty playing guard
Collisions buttons are still broken after countless months
As soon as Skipjail boots up 70% of the players leave causing a dead server until the map changes

Honestly, it is not the map that is the problem. It is the fact that the players are unwilling to accept or try any kind of versatility. Instead, we should add more Jailbreak maps.

While I don't personally like skipjail for its design, it forces a warden to either be creative and have fun on JB something when done right is the most fun on JB. However 90% of wardens on JB will do the same thing over and over again, so with a map like skipjail that is very basic and, to be honest, has poor layout that is a bad combo making the map seem awful and worthless

I agree with Blizz 100%. The biggest problem with the map is the players. A large factor, I feel, to a decline in the Jailbreak population is the fact that the majority of wardens tend to be scripted, doing the same minigames continuously. People like variety. I've seen similar reactions to the new Space map we added, with people complaining about the same problems people have with Skipjail.

Dr. Inferno Pokemon Master said:
While I don't personally like skipjail for its design, it forces a warden to either be creative and have fun on JB something when done right is the most fun on JB. However 90% of wardens on JB will do the same thing over and over again, so with a map like skipjail that is very basic and, to be honest, has poor layout that is a bad combo making the map seem awful and worthless

^ This.

Ok, I partly agree that Skipjail is unliked by the community because of the community? But the map is pretty large and it's usually regular wardens that farm kills/points instead of utilizing map space. On many occasions wardens go the entire round without making it pass cell area and does anybody actually use arena? The problem is most likely lazy or kill hungry wardens .
Is it easy to rebel on Skipjail? It's easy to rebel on the inside part of the map but on the outside it is way too open and guards with their crits can easily kill prisoners because of this.

Jailbreak members: We want new maps!

*new maps*

Jailbreak members: no not that

you guys can't ever be happy, honestly what Blizz said is perfect, it's the players and not the map that is the issue, also Skippy put work into this map and we should respect that as well.

EDIT: also as of this post most people who voted yes have yet to give a reason for it's removal

And most of the people who voted no have yet to play jailbreak more than once or twice in the past few months. Why leave the decision to those who rarely even get on the servers any more.

Mudkip said:

*new maps*

you guys can't ever be happy, honestly what Blizz said is perfect, it's the players and not the map that is the issue, also Skippy put work into this map and we should respect that as well.

EDIT: also as of this post most people who voted yes have yet to give a reason for it's removal

DON'T YOU HAVE A DOCTORS APPOINTMENT TO DO

DarkPikachu said:
Mudkip said:

*new maps*

DON'T YOU HAVE A DOCTORS APPOINTMENT TO DO

that was last Friday, wasn't even mine
i literally said in the thread i'd still browse the forums

xd

I feel as though the point of multiple Jailbreak maps are to have a new layout in which players could have more interesting and diverse surroundings; mini games in new places, secrets, hiding spots, new ways to rebel. In skipjail it's rather difficult to escape the enclosed cell lobby of spawn, located in the direct corner of the map. Once out of the cell spawn, there's the other half of the map that is considered an outdoor area. There are multiple games spread out in the open giving guards the opportunity to see you from such a distance and no virtual spaces to hide-in or near such game- where a prisoner couldn't be easily found. This leaves the other half of the map to occasionally be played. Along with the rest of the map, I find there are no real complications besides what I feel are a lack of secrets, and almost all mini games in which are just small identical blocks clustered around that other portion of the map with multiple ladders to climb on top of them. So in the end, I find it way too difficult or too simple to play on.

HellaSaint said:
Make JB great again: Quick overview of what I had spent such a long time typing.

Extremely hard/close to impossible for most players Minigames (wipeout and obby)
Extremely spacious on the outside with no "fillers" to make up for the vast space
As soon as Skipjail boots up 70% of the players leave causing a dead server until the map changes

1. Who cares?
2. Who cares?
3. So get better.
4. So get creative.
5. So get better.
7. Who cares?
8. Who cares?

Hope this helps.

Blizz summed it up perfectly. I've never even seen an issue with the map in the first place; rather it's the small handful of regular wardens that try their absolute best to kill the prisoners doing dumb shit instead of doing something creative because they're too lazy to use all that space. The problem isn't the map, it's the said wardens. You can quite literally fix the issue yourselves.

All of the other specific problems stated about this map could be resolved with creativity and different use of the minigames, and can't you say most of the same things about the other maps, like the mario and space one? It's big but I really don't understand how that warrants a removal. I personally don't even see the point of this poll, sorry.

Mars Ultor said:
HellaSaint said:

1. Who cares?
2. Who cares?
3. So get better.
4. So get creative.
5. So get better.
7. Who cares?
8. Who cares?

Hope this helps.

I'm so triggered by this...
This being Mars' fucking numbering.

Also. I mean... if people are gonna shit on a map, they could always try making one of their own to replace said 'shitty' one. :)

I have to say yes to this one. You can't exactly just say that people need to be more creative as warden because this doesn't happen much anymore. We also have a bunch of people who like to use the lr SMK all day, which really kills the server. Not trying to be mean to skippy, but a bunch of the mini games just aren't fun, the map is just kinda shaped like an L with a bunch of games stacked on the outside, rebelling isn't really rewarding and the last time I was warden on this map, the server went from 20 people to 4 because somebody used SMK as their lr.

Do you know what creative wardens do? "Accidentally" let prisoners kill them on smk day so they can skip a shitty round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom