random comp trouble thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

toj0e

hey intox

recently i've been having trouble with what i assume the problem is my monitor. whenever i play any game with high-end graphics it plays just fine in the beginning, but sometimes after a while it starts to get choppy and eventually it gets so choppy that my monitor crashes, with text saying "HDMI No Signal" shortly after turning off. sometimes it plays perfectly fine and yet it'll crash altogether without the video ever being choppy. 

i'm not exactly tech-savvy so i'm not sure if it's a problem with my monitor or something else entirely, which is why i'm turning to you guys. any help with this so i can fix it quickly would be appreciated. thanks.

do you have a different graphics card? if so swap the two and test
if its hooked up via hdmi try a dvi cable to the monitor
if your card has more than 1 hdmi port try to plug it in to a different port
try a different monitor

I recently had a scare where I thought my gpu was bricked, turns out it was the cable.

Try a different one.

i love when people as for help, people assist, and there is no thanks given or results are posted

never change intox gaming

patience is a virtue. with that being said thank you for the assist and i'll let yall know when it's fixed.

jesus

If the cable is fine, the next step will be to reset your graphics configuration by doing a clean install of your graphics drivers and software. I know nVidia has this option, but I'm unsure if AMD does.

The reason I am suggesting this is because some graphics control panels allow you to forcefully change your monitor's pixel clock. Overdriving a monitor that does not support this can cause the symptoms you described.

Also, check your monitor's settings to make sure that any "Overdrive" feature is disabled and see if it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom