opinions and thoughts for upcoming ba_mlcastle update

Status
Not open for further replies.

zakariasan2

Hello everyone!

I'm the creator of ba_mlcastle and I'm about to do an update of that map soon, but need some feedback.

I wanted to keep this a secret till map release but I don't know if this will be allowed so here...
I wanted to create a new replica minigame from mario party 2 called lights out (for those who don't know, here's a vid:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMrqYrtLTGc ) I would edit it in my own perspective but keep the core of the game. Blue would be the guy who would kill the red inside while they run away. The game will end when the warden says so. I thought it would be a fun and intense minigame although i have one main query about it; would it be favoritism? A blue/s going in and chasing one at a time would make it seem like it? I need your guys opinions on this to help me. I want to create a skilled minigame, no luck. If this minigame doesn't work out then I'll have to work out another.

Also, I want to hear your feedback, ideas or opinions on the map in general. Is there anything I should do or change to the map?

Thanks for your time and I hope to release it some time soon :)

Well zakarisian, ba_mlcastle is your map and we definitely appreciate you allowing us to play on it. 

Could you imagine 20+ prisoners inside of that, with maybe three or four guards in there?

Lets assume that guards use melees and don't just shoot three or four rockets and kill everyone inside
Even with crits, it is very unlikely all the guards will make it out alive (spys + medics healing or popping uber + prisoners can still get random crits + or if a rebel managed to get ammo).

If you can somehow actually make it dark inside of the minigame you would remove the favoritism, but with lights still on, it's sorta still favoritism. And what if we accidentally kill the last prisoner due to us not knowing since it is dark?

BUT, there is a much better alternative use for this minigame. If you placed it maybe to the right of dodgeball, it could be considered a alternative arena to do prisoner ff. Imagine watching 20+ prisoners squabbling in the dark trying to kill each other. That's much better than my previous statement.

There are a million mario party minigames that you could implement into your map, and if you really feel that you want to do this one, by all means, go ahead; but it probably isn't the best one for your map.

I think a good minigame to implement would be Bumper Balls (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD7oEVVnJxs). Except, instead of balls, it would be the go-karts used in the Mario Kart minigame. If you get knocked off the arena, you would end up in a kill/teleport area where you could choose to kill the losers or send them with the winners (Same as MK Minigame). Just an idea.

For the Light's Out proposal, I think the Static's idea of a FF Arena with set conditions sounds great. The whole Blu vs. Red seems unnecessary and could probably cause some problems.

First I'd like to say thank you for this wonderful map. On our server it's definitely the crowd favorite and keeps people on the server as well as attracts new players. Now on to what we're here for

StaticKyrbi said:
If you can somehow actually make it dark inside of the minigame you would remove the favoritism, but with lights still on, it's sorta still favoritism. And what if we accidentally kill the last prisoner due to us not knowing since it is dark?

BUT, there is a much better alternative use for this minigame. If you placed it maybe to the right of dodgeball, it could be considered a alternative arena to do prisoner ff. Imagine watching 20+ prisoners squabbling in the dark trying to kill each other. That's much better than my previous statement.

I agree with what Kyrbi said. This would be a great time if prisoners went in there and fumbled around in the dark trying to kill each other while blind. Hilarious

If you could make it dark that'd be great. Something to add to that (which might be impossible) would be to give players outside of that place a way to see who's in there. That way if guards do this mini-game they don't accidentally end up killing a prisoner who has LR, as well as give the people on the outside a nice kek watching the participants confusion.

As a whole the map is pretty good and doesn't need any drastic or real change. Only thing I might suggest is maybe an extremely difficult to open prison exit :)D) to give rebels and reds a purpose and a goal besides the standard gameplay. But that's just a personal preference.

Thanks for the map and the work you put forward on it. It means a lot

Tomo said:
I think a good minigame to implement would be Bumper Balls (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD7oEVVnJxs). Except, instead of balls, it would be the go-karts used in the Mario Kart minigame.
This and the prisoners fighting in the dark are very good ideas. We haven't had a major update to one of the maps in awhile so adding these I think will help  attract more new players to the server. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom