NFL Thread 2016-2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
you're out of your mind if you truly believe that New England is only going to put up 13 points.
Nice troll attempt, next time you should give it a little but more effort. I'm going to give this one a 2/5

I didnt know u were in Texas now. Kingpin said the same thing to me
i had a potential ticket but it fell thru

Too expensive, while i could have affored the "cheap ticket" it woulda hit my savings hard
maybe next time im out west i'll take a trip down & see the Houston Homies

i didn't even watch the super bowl until overtime and it made me upset. falcons didn't even get a chance to score and return their own touchdown? how is that fair? ot rules are dumb. or maybe i'm dumb.

giggybyte said:
i didn't even watch the super bowl until overtime and it made me upset. falcons didn't even get a chance to score and return their own touchdown? how is that fair? ot rules are dumb. or maybe i'm dumb.

This post is dumb for multiple reasons:
This was the first superbowl overtime ever
the falcons had the ball 75% of regulation 
also yes tahts how all sudden death OT works

also how the Broncos beat the patriots 2 years ago in Denver 

ok, that's fair in this situation. i probably would've had a different opinion had i watched the actual game :p

that said, it's weird how the opposing team can only attempt to rematch the scores if offense gets a field goal (but not a touchdown?). ik that's been pretty standard from what i can tell, but i feel like it should apply for TDs too.

i don't feel this way because it's the patriots; i'd be saying the same thing if the falcons won the coin toss. but whatever. i should probably watch more football if i wanna talk about it so much.

giggybyte said:
it's weird how the opposing team can only attempt to rematch the scores if offense gets a field goal (but not a touchdown?). ik that's been pretty standard from what i can tell, but i feel like it should apply for TDs too.

Any score used to end the game in overtime. The team that won the coin toss would march down to the 35 yard line and kick a field goal and win around 75% of the time. I guess the logic is that if you managed to get a touchdown then you've "earned" it, but I agree that it's pretty gay that the coin toss is such a huge factor in overtime. At least at the start of a game if you lose the coin toss you get the ball after halftime. I don't think it would have changed the outcome though. Atlanta sucked for the last 25 minutes of game time.

But this is why turn-based sports (baseball, tennis, etc) are better than clocked sports like football!!!!!!! If you get a lead in extra innings you still have to pitch your half of the inning to win, or if you break your opponent's serve you still have to hold your own to win. Having it so one-sided is lame.

Celach said:
But this is why turn-based sports (baseball, tennis, etc) are better than clocked sports like football!!!!!!!

lol
wat about a turn based clocked sport huh celach
what about chess?

Checkmate, atheists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom