Looking for phone suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necron 99

I currently have an LG Optimus G on sprint and am looking to upgrade soon.
I would like a phone that:
- Screen at least 1080p
- Not much larger than what I've already got (defiantly not a phablet)
- Has cyanogenmod 12+ support out there (preferably official but unofficial is better than none.)
- Preferably hardware buttons as opposed to on screen. (Maybe not actual physical buttons, but ones that are off screen like the capacitive ones on the Optimus G)
- Good camera.
- Needs to work on Sprint (CDMA)

Powerful hardware is optional but bonus points. Something that is impervious to damage like the Optimus G is also bonus points (If this were an iPhone it would be dust)

I like the Galaxy S6 Edge but Samsung is gay and I don't have a million dollars.
I've looked quite a bit, but this Optimus G is literally the only cellphone I've ever had.

You might want to try finding an S5 Active by Samsung. I have an S4 Active and I have spiked it on concrete (intentionally to prove I could, BTW), slung it across the room and hit a fucker with it, have it take a rock to the screen while in my pocket, and watch a movie in the shower with nothing on the phone. Still works like a boss and only has one little, tiny dent in the plastic. The screen is fucking gorilla glass. If you don't want to have buttons, then go for the standard S5. It's not near as rugged, but it has the gorilla glass screen.

The Optimus G has gorilla glass on both the screen and on the back, which probably contributes to it being a tank. If I hadn't burnt out the GPS antenna I wouldn't need a new one, but if I'm going to get a new one It might as well be an upgrade.

About the S5 Active: I really like the idea of being able to put a 128G microSD in there, and Gorilla Glass 3???
The camera is also very nice.

It's not a phablet, but it might still be a little too large (not that bad though)

The S5 also has a SnapDragon. The active series is literally the cheapest phone to buy a case for. You can get away with buying a gel skin and a screen protector if you want to,

Might it be worth it however to save up for an S6, I really like the look of the phone, and the glass on both sides design. I don't believe that it has an SD card slot but I think the edge does.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVtQfq8QyP4[/video]

Necron 99 said:
Might it be worth it however to save up for an S6, I really like the look of the phone, and the glass on both sides design. I don't believe that it has an SD card slot but I think the edge does.

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVtQfq8QyP4[/video]

None of the new Samsung flagships do.

OT: Get a nexus 6p, 5x or Xiaomi mi5

Yeah. For some odd reason Samsung opted to ditch both USB 3.0 and a user-replaceable battery and storage expansion. I get that people want larger on-board for apps and things like that, but some users still prefer having an insane amount of secondary storage, and they also ditched the charging port covers on the S6 Active. WHAT THE FUCK?

I'm hoping the S7 will utilize USB 3.1C.

iphone 6
best phone ive ever had, battery is great, screen is nice. just get a durable case

Sass said:
iphone 6
best phone ive ever had, battery is great, screen is nice. just get a durable case

Iphone 6 has CM12 support? Damn I wish I knew that before.

lmao i never understood peoples fascination with loading custom roms on phones. sure go get an android phone, in 2 years the battery will be fucked and the phone will suck.

i also didnt read that part of the OP. i still stand by my previous post

can't go wrong with motorola phones. i went droid x > droid 3 > moto x 1st gen > moto x 2nd gen and i've never had any issues with them.

Giggybyte said:
can't go wrong with motorola phones. i went droid x > droid 3 > moto x 1st gen > moto x 2nd gen and i've never had any issues with them.

I think motorola is making the current nexus linup, however I'm not sure if they work on CDMA.

Necron 99 said:
Giggybyte said:

I think motorola is making the current nexus linup, however I'm not sure if they work on CDMA.

LG makes the 5x, huawei makes the 6p

get the 5x

get the 5x

My phone is the Galaxy S6 and I'm loving it so far. I've had it for about 3 or 4 months

Pros

The camera is great especially since they have professional filter so that I can get some nice shots without having to carry a huge dslr bag, the UI is nice and very easy to understand, easy to change themes on your phone, lots of personalization, Audio quality is around an 8/10 nice and loud, Battery is very good, I start off at 90% at 8 and get back home at 3 with 77%, Comes with a fast charging adapter so you can charge to full battery in 45 mins or less, Options to limit data usage, texts show up as a small notification where you can reply through that notification and not have to change or stop the program at all.

Cons

Do NOT lose the fast charging adapter because it charges EXTREMELY slow, Camera lens sticks out further than the rest of the back of the phone, glass on both sides of the phone (that's more of a personal peeve of mine, I don't like the idea of an almost pure glass phone), Fingerprint isn't consistent, If you're black smart stay isn't responsive at all, LAST AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL!!!! it doesn't fit in the Pip-Boy 3000 Mark IV

All things considered I love the phone, I just don't like some design features. Also price wasn't an issue for me luckily because I got it as an upgrade with my plan.

If someone is going to buy a smartphone now, I will suggest to choose between Samsung Galaxy S7 or HTC M10.

johnjacobs said:
If someone is going to buy a smartphone now, I will suggest to choose between Samsung Galaxy S7 or HTC M10.
erm, look at the dates. you kinda bumped a thread that hasn't been posted in for months. don't feel bad; i've made the same mistake in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom