Not open for further replies.

kneepel

lorax
now you can't charge your phone and listen to music; progress!*

*now with optional $160 earbuds

bluetooth is the new thing dude get with the times
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00II6GF3O/ref=cm_sw_su_dp

droidbeards in roo ins

You would lose the new earbuds in like five minutes. Things are tiny.

Sass said:
bluetooth is the new thing dude get with the times
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00II6GF3O/ref=cm_sw_su_dp

droidbeards in roo ins

It's nice to be able to choose whether you want to use Bluetooth or not.

i was trying to come up with a smart reply but i dont understand why you would rather use a hardwired aux cable.

like do you enjoy the cluttered wire aesthetic?

my car and most cars dont have bluetooth so yeah anyone with this phone isn't playing music

it isn't about Apple getting with the times, it's them being committed to a 100% closed system so they can set whatever price and functionality they desire. they're pretty successful at manipulation though; I mean how many people a year are spending $2000+ on their laptops for 2.2ghz and 16gb ram

Sass said:
when it comes with the benefit of having one less thing to charge, yes.
and one set of headphones is hardly "clutter."

i'm a hypocrite anyways since i have an android and i listen to music using an external dac/amp (tbf i have an extended battery case that triples my battery life).

i know this is a [citation needed] kind of thing but most people still use aux as their main method of headphone/earbud listening i'm sure. everyone i know anyways.

bluetooth headphones also come with connectivity and audio quality issues. also $160 for the wireless version of $10 earbuds is absurd but is typical apple practice.

also: why are they not okay with the "bulge" of the headphone jack but completely fine with the cameras poking out the back of the phone?

Khil said:
my car and most cars dont have bluetooth so yeah anyone with this phone isn't playing music

I dont either, i use this 
[font=Arial, sans-serif]https://amzn.com/B003PPGOC0[/font]

[font=Arial, sans-serif]pairs with my phone as soon as i turn my car on[/font]

bsp said:
it isn't about Apple getting with the times, it's them being committed to a 100% closed system so they can set whatever price and functionality they desire. they're pretty successful at manipulation though; I mean how many people a year are spending $2000+ on their laptops for 2.2ghz and 16gb ram

This is about the new iPhone not about their laptop or desktop products.  yes i agree w/ you.  they are a waste of money

the iPhone is not either of those things

Sass said:
i was trying to come up with a smart reply but i dont understand why you would rather use a hardwired aux cable.  

also please no "the lows are not low enough and the highs are not high enough" response

Sass said:
bsp said:

This is about the new iPhone not about their laptop or desktop products.  yes i agree w/ you.  they are a waste of money

the iPhone is not either of those things

the point wasn't about just laptops or desktop products, but the overarching goal of Apple which is to squeeze every last penny from humankind. any company that wants to make Lightning headphones now has to get licensed/pay a fee for every unit sold -- but Apple already owns the largest Bluetooth headphone seller in the world: Beats. pretty convenient how they made that big acquisition right before Bluetooth products skyrocket 

bsp said:

:maybe:

bsp said:
Sass said:
bsp said:
This is about the new iPhone not about their laptop or desktop products.  yes i agree w/ you.  they are a waste of money the iPhone is not either of those things
the point wasn't about just laptops or desktop products, but the overarching goal of Apple which is to squeeze every last penny from humankind. any company that wants to make Lightning headphones now has to get licensed/pay a fee for every unit sold -- but Apple already owns the largest Bluetooth headphone seller in the world: Beats. pretty convenient how they made that big acquisition right before Bluetooth products skyrocket 

Bluetooth products have been becoming more and more popular for years now.  Beats was bought out in 2015, ive been using bluetooth speakers since 2012 lol

If youre trying to make a "corporations, man" argument what company isnt trying to milk money out of you?

Sass said:
bsp said:
Sass said:
bsp said:
This is about the new iPhone not about their laptop or desktop products.  yes i agree w/ you.  they are a waste of money the iPhone is not either of those things

Bluetooth products have been becoming more and more popular for years now.  Beats was bought out in 2015, ive been using bluetooth speakers since 2012 lol

If youre trying to make a "corporations, man" argument what company isnt trying to milk money out of you?

and they will have to become even more popular now with ~75+ million iphone purchases a year

there can be different levels of exploitation even within an industry that relies on exploitation. Apple heralding this as a "courageous" act is even more shameful -- this has basically become a meme in the last few days but "how about being courageous enough to pay their taxes?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom