I keep switching...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomage

Hey guys, lately ive been getting into art, GFX, and editing and im unsure which one i should master.
This is my latest GFX design :S
wsIVOF4.jpg

Check out my portfolio : http://rittz.carbonmade.com/projects/4837227

Do them all. They each share the fundamentals and are closely related. Learning in each one helps with the other two.

Try to master all three. By the sound of it, you want to make a profession out of this. It'd be best to instead of focusing on one, do all three to expand your knowledge and experience. Plus more job opportunities.

Yeah they do, but im afraid if i do that then my work wont be so good, so i may do one at a time, starting with gfx.

Traditional art helps ALOT in GFX. It gives a very very good foundation of how to work. Then move into GFX, as I can see you're already good. Then you can move on to editing. I'd say work traditional art first, master it. Then you can do GFX and editing at the same time.

Everyone here is saying the same thing, learn all of them. I fiddled in all three and it helped me tremendously.

Atomage said:
http://www.youtube.com/user/AtomageGFX I made a youtube channel were i will post all of my speed arts :D

You're really creative, buddy. Keep it up.

Atomage said:
Santi said:
You're really creative, buddy. Keep it up.

Thanks man, its hard to come up with new ideas when your doing 2-3 a day

Dont push yourself as if its a job just now. If you want a career, yes, work on it and practice, but dont push yourself.

This has happened to me: I get all hyped-up about something and after some time I get stressed and/or bored of it and end up leaving it.

I would recommend mastering art before getting into gfx and editing.
Mastering art will help alot in gfx and editing.
Or just try a bit of each one and see what you like the most.

Disney said:
Do them all. They each share the fundamentals and are closely related. Learning in each one helps with the other two.

I agree with this, you're already amazing with GFX.

xXPhasemanXx said:
Disney said:

I agree with this, you're already amazing with GFX.

Thanks man

Btw guys i have my portfolio up :D http://rittz.carbonmade.com/projects/4837227

Gotta say, me n you have had our differences, but from one artist to another, you have some skill. Worst thing I ever encountered being an artist was motivation and inspiration. Just keep that in mind.

Decap said:
Gotta say, me n you have had our differences, but from one artist to another, you have some skill. Worst thing I ever encountered being an artist was motivation and inspiration. Just keep that in mind.

:p Thanks, and yeah I had got heavily into sketching a few years ago and lost all motivation I had at the start. I think that having a youtube channel and a portfolio will help me keep the motivation because I never had that when I first sketched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom