Dota 2 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tioga060

What heroes have you guys been using?

I'm new to Dota type games, but so far I've used Antimage and Drow ranger and I've been doing pretty well. I'll probably play a bunch of games as random until I find a hero I really like.

I like Enchantress, Queen of Pain, and sven. I kinda just rotate other champs. When you're new to a moba, it's good to mix it up and not stick to one hero, the more you know about every champ, the better you will do.

I usually play Zeus, Dazzle, and Ursa. I am good with most heroes depending on the other teams hero composition.

Also, Dota 2 is much better than that League of Legends trash. Phraggah always said that Dota 2 will kill LoL when it comes out, and he was right.

I play a lot of SD. Its the best mode. So I can't really say what I play a lot, but I enjoy supports like lich, lina, witch doctor, and semi-carries like sven.

I can play some carries like Leoric cause he is easy as fuck.

TeK said:
I usually play Zeus, Dazzle, and Ursa. I am good with most heroes depending on the other teams hero composition.

Also, Dota 2 is much better than that League of Legends trash. Phraggah always said that Dota 2 will kill LoL when it comes out, and he was right.

lol...Dota2 is the slowest shit ever, HoN blows DotA2 straight out of the water.

Honestly, Dota 2 is not living up to the hype at all. It will prolly pick up in 2 years or so. But right now League has a giant following in the competitive scene. League hit its HUGE stride when Dota2 came out. So give it 2 years or so and it will pick up.

The game is alright, like plague said a little too slow right now though. Specially for competitive play. It isn't badly made though.

Are you saying dota 2 has no competitive play at all?

Is this some new type of meta trolling.

Are you saying its too slow as well?
The whole meta of it right now is to win fast and push hard.

I can't tell if you are trolling or not..

Almost every day for the last few months there has been a couple of games for two of the biggest tournaments for dota 2 broadcasted by Tobi-Wan, that get at least 20k viewers every time.

The international was literally a million dollar tournament with hundreds of thousands of viewers every day during that tournament, and the next one is having an even bigger prize pool.

I didn't say there was no competitive play. But in the major e-sports scenes around the world Dota2 is not making a showing and wont for a while. So therefore the competitive-ness of the game is not there.

Yes there was a $1 million tournament. That was when the game was in beta and an into tourney to give the game some type of hype. It helped, but really did not show a whole lot. Due to the lack of commentators and the lack of showing of it on major e-sports steaming sites. I remember because that tournament was a year and a half ago during summer dreamhack. There wasn't hundreds of thousands of viewers either. I believe it capped out at around 125,000. When the latest major League tournament capped out at 185,000 for a weekend tournament.

The game is slow, the average game last around 40 min to 50 min in every Dota2 game. That is what happens in new Moba games. Because people are figuring it out. This happens in higher level of play/pro also too. The same happen to HoN and League. Now the average high elo League game last around 30 min or less.

The game is not bad. It is just new and was released when League his a GIANT push in e-sports. And people play what is popular, no denying that.

PlagueBringer said:
TeK said:

lol...Dota2 is the slowest shit ever, HoN blows DotA2 straight out of the water.

Dota2 is the hardmode of LoL and HoN. The reason you didn't like dota2 when you played it is because it was too hard for you to play compared to LoL. The mechanics are much more intense than in LoL and actually requires skill.

TeK said:
PlagueBringer said:
TeK said:

Dota2 is the hardmode of LoL and HoN. The reason you didn't like dota2 when you played it is because it was too hard for you to play compared to LoL. The mechanics are much more intense than in LoL and actually requires skill.

LOL!!!! Oh man tek you make me laugh too hard.

Good one, thanks for the laugh.

Just played Sand King and Sven, Sven was alright, Sand King was garbage.

Firetaco said:
Plague you can't honestly think league or hon are harder then dota.

You are as stupid as I remember.

Firetaco, Do you even read? You're still ignorant as I remember.

I never said anything about LoL, you dumb fuck.

and HoN by far is faster paced. That's all I said plus the fact that tek said that Dota2 is harder for me which it isn't.

and HoN and Dota2 Are exact replica's except HoN has it's Own characters imported from its previous games.

So please tell me where I said or thought where "HoN or LoL was harder than Dota" Where the fuck did I even mention LoL? I didn't even mention it once. Except right now.

Dota2 is easy mode, I just don't like the game in general, It's all about opinions bro, now SMD :zol:

Tioga060 said:
Just played Sand King and Sven, Sven was alright, Sand King was garbage.

http://www.dotafire.com/dota-2/guide/learning-the-ropes-a-begginers-guide-to-dota-8

Try Skeleton King, he's probably the easiest to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom