DOES ANYONE HAVE A NEW YEARS RESOLUTION WORTH PURSUING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flynn

um
i'm actually not too sure what i'm doing with my life
but i'm interested in what people are doing with their life so i can have a reason to live as i like to listen to people
also theres lurkers that could get a laugh or a smile.

hi

I had a goal last year to gain a certain amount of weight and I did and im happy as shit, and this year I'm sticking to that goal except gaining more weight.

It's not much, but I've always struggled to gain weight even when I workout and eat p much regularly, and etc.. I found out that I needed to eat almost 2x as much to actually gain any weight. Say 2200 calories being my norm(I don't know the exact because I never used to count but approximate), I have to bump it up to at least 3600 to see any real progress, any less and I still don't gain weight I burn calories like a mofo. I can maintain my weight with like 2200, but if I actually want to get any weight I have to eat that much or I wont gain any weight at all.

Believe it or not it's actually hard eating literally constantly. Working out does help put the weight on quicker, but when I only workout once maybe twice a day I have to essentially force feed myself to gain the extra weight I need.

I've been slacking the past few weeks, but once I get another workout set that I'm planning to buy by the end of this month I want to at least gain back my poundage when I was sick last week(which I'm only missing 2) and then get to part 1 of 2 of my goal.

Also it's been hell actually figuring out what I needed to do to gain weight quicker and more drastically little shit like instead of having my fan on high when I sleep it's on low so I don't wake up cold(I like having a cold face, but I just dealt with it so I don't mind waking up a little hot). I never actually realized how much water I drink throughout the day and cut back say instead of 2 gallons of water down to near 1.

There are other goals in mind, but I've been very concerned about my weight especially since soon by the end of February I plan to go into the Navy, and which my last year goal was actually meet their requirements of being a certain weight.

I just wanted to say this because like I said I've always struggled with actually gaining weight in fact my entire life regardless of me working out and just eating when I was hungry. To be honest people say losing weight is hard, but I'd like to imagine from everyone losing like 70 pounds in 3 months. I've been working on this shit for a year now and I only gained I think 13 pounds. I mean I could be working a lot harder, but with school and work I can't just constantly waste my money on buying specific shit to eat whenever I want to, and it's not even about money but rather leaving in the middle of class or work to go get whatever I need.

/lifestory

Becoming a better person through goal-oriented pursuits such as competitive cycling, podcasting, and content creation on a regular basis.

i deleted all of my social media on jan 1st because i was tired of seeing other people happy and in good moods all of the time; i didn't think it was healthy for me and my depression, so i guess for 2017 i just want to be a happier person by living in ignorant bliss about other people. i had stopped taking my meds for a while, but i just started back on them today, so hopefully that will help out a bit.

i also had a smaller resolution to drink more water. for a few months last year, i had drank nothing but water and i dropped a few pounds, then i got re-addicted to the sodas. it's hard to drink more water when water tastes like garbage, but that's probably just because i'm not used to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom