Bootcamp Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevo

TSo I have a MacBook Pro (mid 2012 edition), non Retina display, i5 with 2.8GHz processor and I think dual core (maybe quad core though). Intel HD 4000 Graphics card. No dedicated GPU. I am trying to install Windows 7 via Bootcamp so I can play Fallout: NV and Skyrim. I went through the steps, downloaded the OS to my flash drive/MacBook as well as the Bootcamp support drives. I get to the main Windows installation screen (blue background but not actual blue screen) and it goes through all the steps and completes installation. I partitioned 80 GB to the Windows side, and my Mac side still works fine. However, every time I start Windows the logo on the initial startup screen is not there, and I see these pages. The second image is what happens when I try to enter Safe Mode. It just loops back to the first image's screen. 

image.jpeg

image_2.jpeg

[size=medium]
image_1.jpeg

[/size]

I used a downloaded digital copy of Windows so I don't have an installation disk. I have no options for repairing my computer or changing language settings, so the 3 options they give me in the first picture are useless. I was also never prompted to enter a product key, which is a pretty crucial part of the installation process, so I feel like something had to have not installed properly. I just have no idea what to do at this point. 

In before "Macs suck" / "Macs not for gaming" etc etc

I've consulted tons of blogs and have called both apple and Windows, to no avail. I would like to avoid paying Geek Squad $150 if possible. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

That is because Mac uses a Linux file system to boot and Windows does not natively support a linux bootsector. Try dropping the GRUB bootloader onto your system.

Sorano said:
That is because Mac uses a Linux file system to boot and Windows does not natively support a linux bootsector. Try dropping the GRUB bootloader onto your system.

So just download GRUB bootloader and put it in my Mac system files? Any specific drive/location or is it really that simple? 

Here. https://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/html_node/index.html#Top

stevo said:
Sorano said:
Here. https://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/html_node/index.html#Top

Thank you good sir 

I'm going through this now but it's pretty complex for my knowledge of computer. I think I'm doing it right. Do you think I'll bet set/able to launch Windows once I go through all of these installation and configuring instructions? 

What happens is your computer will boot up as normal. Instead of automatically loading an OS, it will come to a selection screen where you can pick your desired OS and then it will resume to load from there.

Word. I'm guessing that's different than just holding the alt key while loading and selecting OS from there?

That's what I've been doing, the alt key method, and it still won't make Windows work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom