August DB Tourney Teams+Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celach

Mega post. Scroll down for the teams.
Bold (first) names are the team captains. Make sure you at least add your captain on steam. I'll tell the captains when their team is about to play, and then they will tell you. I'm not waiting 10 minutes every match for people to show up this time.

Tournament Date and Time:
Saturday, August 20, 5:00pm (17:00) Eastern time. That's 2:00pm in LA, 10:00pm (22:00) in London, etc.

Server IP:
dbtourney.intox.cc

Prizes:
• Players on the winning team will get 4 keys each and 2 weeks of donor perks.
• Players on the second place team will get 1 key and 2 weeks of donor perks.
• Players on the third place team will get absolutely nothing  :hehe:
• All players who participate will get 1 scrap metal.

Maps and Format:
The big difference in this tournament will be the round robin stage at the beginning. The 8 teams have been split into two groups (4 teams in each), and each team will play every other team in their group. The two teams with the best records during this group stage will advance to the semifinals, where the #1 team of the first group plays the #2 team of the second group, and vice versa. If two teams are tied for second place, the number of rounds won will be the tiebreaker.

Example: say Group 1 is Teams A, B, C, D. Team A was 3-0 and automatically advances. Team B and Team C both had 2 wins and 1 loss. Team B's scores were 2-3, 3-0, 3-2, and Team C's scores were 0-3, 3-1, 3-1. Team B would advance because it won 2+2+3=8 rounds, while Team C only won 0+3+3=6 rounds, so even if you lose, winning rounds can be very important. If teams are still tied after that, then whoever won their match during the round robin will advance

I think round robin will be nice because even if you lose, you get to play 3 times instead of just 1.

Group Stage: tfdb_orangebox_b2, first to 3 wins (best of 5)
Semifinals: tfdb_bridge, first to 4 wins (best of 7)
Finals: tfdb_groove_v2, first to 10 wins, but must win by 2

Bracket:
http://challonge.com/0816_iGDB

Group A is Teams G, B, A, and D
Group B is Teams H, F, C, and E

If people drop out today (maybe they forgot they entered and now are busy), we can talk about replacing them. But no replacements will be made after Friday night. I'll cross out names of people that told me they can't make it.

Team A
Groovy Hoovy
donut
Capre
tyresse
Bman
Zabee :3

Team B
tX
WhiteLightning
Froót
dgrawns
Qnon
Izpep
Sunchips

Team C
Letty Ω
Dragonborn
Shibuya
Trainer.Nightmare
Sand
PFC.Music

Team D
Skyraids
☢DeAth EaTeR☢
De@th
RifleJock
Kurochhi
JewBaca

Team E
Sanjiz
Z-Man
BlueTiger
kookie
Sacred
Primal Z
DarkPikachu

Team F
Script+ friendly heavy
[OPST]SirFrenchToast
Bob's Mob
PinkChance
Taco Cat
Kustin

Team G
BOS
BoSox
Bugs
Smokey
dayv
Blind3d (?)

Team H
[ BLANK ]
Anonymous
Dr. Inferno Pokemon Master
-T.S.S- VirtualShock
FishCAKE
StaticKyrbi
red rocket

Celach said:
Bracket:
http://challonge.com/0816_iGDB

Group A is Teams G, B, A, and D
Group B is Teams H, F, C, and E

I'm scheduling the round robin matches so that each team gets to play consecutively, so we only have to wait for one team to shuffle into the server. The match order I'm going for will be this:

Group A
  1. G vs B
  2. G vs A
  3. G vs D
  4. B vs D
  5. A vs D
  6. A vs B

Group B
  1. H vs C
  2. H vs E
  3. H vs F
  4. E vs F
  5. C vs F
  6. C vs E

Group A is going first so Group B people probably wont start until an hour later.

oh mah god, i forgot to sign up.
rip me.
ey sign me up in any group if there's still any space or somethin, i'll take any1's place

GG to Team D for winning!

8ae8c2f443c57c1639129046eea478c6.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom