April DB Tournament Details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celach

Tournament Date and Time:
Saturday, April 23, 7pm (19:00) EDT POSTPONED
Saturday, April 30, 5pm (1700) EDT

Server IP:
dbtourney.intox.cc (Password will be given out the day of the tournament)

Prizes:
Winning team: 3 keys, 2 refined metal, 3 months donor perks (each)
Runner-up: 1 key, 1 refined metal, 1 month donor perks (each)
Every other player in the tournament receives 1 reclaimed metal for participating

Maps:
First Round: tfdb_blucourt_intox (best of 5)
Semifinals: tfdb_bitch_ass_final (best of 7)
Finals: tfdb_pingpong_ig, tfdb_warehouse, tfdb_haunted_v4, tfdb_reflex_v3, tfdb_octagon_a6 (only 3). Each finalist will cross out one map that they don't want to play, and the remaining 3 will be played. Whichever team wins on 2 out of 3 of the maps (best of 7) will be the champion.

http://challonge.com/0416_iGDB

40+ people signed up so we have 5 players on the 8 teams. In the team list below, the top name is the unofficial team captain. Please add each other and make sure your team is ready when the tournament is about to begin. If I have to contact you guys about something (like for map choices for the finals) I'm only contacting the captain. It's up to you to make sure your teammates are ready when your match begins. If you're short a player, Sacred or Parasynapsis might be able to fill in for you; if not, no substitutions will be allowed.

Since we have one less round compared to previous tournaments I expect this to be finished in under 2 hours. Good Luck!

WINNERS
Team F

RUNNERS-UP
Team A​

Hope everyone had fun. Prizes will be traded out shortly.

Unassigned
Parasynapsis (work?)
Msyu

Team A
aperrentis
Skyraids
sullyboy
Z-Man
aakashCobain

Team B
Sunchips
Taco Cat
Star (?)
ToastyBread
Blind3d|♦|Ninja

Team C
Anonymous
Letty
Moist
kaskarath

Team D
Bluedog
Sandvich
Vertigo
Sanjiz (?)
Sacred

Team E
tX
SenorSniperMan
blank
Xernos
Chris

Team F
dragonborn
Groovy Hoovy
StaticKyrbi
friendly heavy
MagicMittle Pyro 3 (?)

Team G
Death Eater
QWEK Michael (?)
Mars (?)
Muffinmnan
ShadowDan

Team H
nightmare
derpawho
BoSox
Lady Kyuuna
Whitehammer

EDIT: DarkPikachu, JenJen, Breaddy, Karma, and Mudkip withdrew so I removed them from their teams. Quite a few others mentioned to me they might not make it but I wont remove them until its certain. I've noted them with question marks.

I know I said no substitutions but I might let some first round losers sub in later if teams have less than 3 players.

Aw FUCK yeah I'm with my circle buddy white hammer.

Good luck to everyone, these match-ups are actually a whole lot more exciting than I thought.

I'm sorry team i'm gonna be a let down, had to book a ticket to go back to london. so i wont be able to play because 2 hours of sleep wont be enough :'( i was looking forward to this for ages aswell :/

Left work in the early morning after getting pretty sick. Feeling okay now, so unforeseen life happenings aside, should be okay to sub.

Edit: Take that back, looks like something came up.

It's been postponed because we don't have a server for it. Kinda embarrassing and I'm sorry.

On the bright side maybe the 9+ of you that couldn't make it can make it next weekend. I'll post the finalized date and time when I'm certain but I estimate it will be next Saturday at 5pm ET (to make it a bit easier on the euros).

Celach said:
It's been postponed because we don't have a server for it. Kinda embarrassing and I'm sorry.

On the bright side maybe the 9+ of you that couldn't make it can make it next weekend. I'll post the finalized date and time when I'm certain but I estimate it will be next Saturday at 5pm ET (to make it a bit easier on the euros).

This was on me, I forgot to get everything situated before I moved cities and didn't have my proper workstation to setup the server. It has been setup. Because of this I will personally be giving out some cool extra prizes to the winning teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom