Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cortake

I've been working on this turret for a few hours and I want some thoughts.
Its not over yet I want to add more things and put on some textures.

Front:
ZyzpmU2.jpg

Back:
SxOVrWF.jpg

The geo and design look pretty solid! Might be cool to see it on a tripod stand or something else besides a plate meant to be bolted on somewhere (e.g. TF2). Are you eventually doing a high poly bake or just straight low poly?

Looking forward to your colors and materials.

Disney said:
The geo and design look pretty solid! Are you eventually doing a high poly bake or just straight low poly?

Textures will really bring this together.

Gonna make it high poly at the end, I was heading for a tripod (tf2 style) but it ended up this way :shakehead:

Here's my sketchfab if you're interested
https://sketchfab.com/show/5Og2z4APRNnSOv9TUOE7ESo9WNl

Yeah, a lot of those shapes will benefit from a good high poly bake (or just a straight high poly model, depending on your end goal for this). If you're not planning on mirroring the UVs for texturing to save space (once again this has to do with whether you intend it for a game engine or just a 3D package render), I might suggest changing the shape of the ammo belt to something different on one of the sides just to break up the symmetry.

Disney said:
Yeah, a lot of those shapes will benefit from a good high poly bake (or just a straight high poly model, depending on your end goal for this). If you're not planning on mirroring the UVs for texturing to save space (once again this has to do with whether you intend it for a game engine or just a 3D package render), I might suggest changing the shape of the ammo belt to something different on one of the sides just to break up the symmetry.

I have to agree its too symmetrical, its my problem. Just gonna do a nice render with it nothing more and still not quite sure about the textures.

preyty cool but what will the features of the turret be and how will it be different the the lvl 2 enji turret?

xXPhasemanXx said:
Fucking badass. What are you making it for?

Fun :3

CATBUTT said:
preyty cool but what will the features of the turret be and how will it be different the the lvl 2 enji turret?

No features, just a model.

CATBUTT said:
:wut:
:facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::ffuuu:

well done, was it just a random idea?

i would definitely love to see this on a sunderer
Sunderer.png

bodmans said:
CATBUTT said:
:wut:
:facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm:
:facepalm::facepalm::ffuuu:

well done, was it just a random idea?

i would definitely love to see this on a sunderer
Sunderer.png

lol yup, it was a totally random idea. I was going for a gatling gun first but it went sentry.

xXPhasemanXx said:
Cortake said:
xXPhasemanXx said:

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :wut:

That's some nice work though

Thanks! Its not over yet :quite:

Cortake said:
xXPhasemanXx said:

CATBUTT said:

No features, just a model.

still pretty cool i'd still love to see this go on the workshop

xXPhasemanXx said:
How much time has been put into this?

Also what program(s) was used?

About 5 hours, I'm pretty slow. Used Maya.

Rape Flavored Yogurt said:
is that Solidworks?

No, it's Autodesk Maya. It would have been too much work for nothing in a cad software.

Going to update soon almost finish modeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom